Department Sales Manager #28745
Company: Sport Chek
Job Number: 562674
Location: Fort Mcmurray, AB
Brand: Sport Chek
Nevada Bob’s is a specialty golf store that caters to golf customers of all levels and interests. This unique concept will feel like a specialty shop or pro shop to both the customer and staff working within the store.
Sport Chek’s considerable strength as a sporting goods retailer and Nevada Bob’s Golf credibility and brand recognition frames up a great partnership and a tremendous employment opportunity for all who have a passion for the game of golf.
Your role is to assist the Store General Manager in driving top line sales, managing the bottom line profit, and developing your team. This will be accomplished through exceptional customer service, hiring and retaining authentic golf staff, high levels of product knowledge, sales focus, store presentation, pricing, expense and inventory management, and creating a fun and challenging work environment.
Driving top line sales.
Managing the bottom line profit.
- Maintaining a fully optimized staff roster of golf enthusiasts at all time
- Delivering consistent high levels of customer service every hour the store is open
- Expert in all areas of product knowledge
- Expert in all aspects of the club fitting process
- Effectively utilize performance management systems to challenge and improve sales team results
- Continuous motivation of the team through utilizing all rewards and recognition programs
- Maintain store visual presentation expectations and maintenance and housekeeping standards
- Ensuring 100% price scan accuracy
- Regular communication with Head Office purchasing
- Managing the department to the payroll forecast on a weekly basis
- Consistently maintaining all Loss Prevention policy and procedure expectations
- All team trained 100% on mandatory courses
- 100% trained in shipping / receiving, cash register operations, mandatory training courses and loss prevention policy and procedures
- Ensures that all team are 100% trained in selling skills, product knowledge, club selection process techniques and operations prior to serving their first customer
- Develops the next in line leaders through effective succession planning
- Spot training on product knowledge and selling skills conducted on an every day basis
- Coaching and feedback sessions conducted regularly with all team members
- Regular product knowledge sessions are conducted to continually enhance our skill set and credibility
- Conducting fun, interactive, educational huddles twice per day
Procedure for applying:
- A natural leadership quality and the ability to motivate and build high performing teams
- Entrepreneurial mind set, the ability to operate the store as if it is your own by competing in the marketplace and building relationships with customers.
- Golf is a big part of your life. You are an avid golf enthusiast who plays the game with a registered level 5 handicap preferred; less than level 5 handicap an asset
- A passion for the game transfers over to a passion for delivering customer service
- Highly interested in the game of golf, you are driven to understand all the technical aspects of the product and the game and can relay the information to the customer in the appropriate manner
- An ability to bring fun into the work place, creating an atmosphere where golf enthusiasts are challenged to bring their “A” game and enjoy coming to the “course” everyday
We thank you for your interest but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
"Within the confines of applicable Human Rights and Privacy Legislation, FGL Sports Ltd. require all successful applicants to provide a criminal record check." This posting will close April 25th, 2012