Company: ClearStream Energy Services
Location: Fort McMurray
Position Status: Permanent, Full-time
Department: Oil Sands - ClearWater Welding & Fabricating LP
The Estimator will work within the established estimating framework of procedures and standards to produce estimates of the highest quality. This role is responsible for the delivery of the cost estimates in alignment with the Client and project’s requirements in terms of accuracy, quality, and schedule.
Key Responsibility Areas:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Develop estimating strategies including profitability, risk management, execution strategy, and estimate loading to provide cost-focused, executable, winning bids.
- Ability to decipher Construction Work Packages (CWP) and or Request for Quote Packages
- (RFQ) in order to determine the bill of Material (BOM).
- Develop estimating systems/tools and bid-review policies & procedures.
- Assist corporate and project management teams in determining what types of projects to bid on and the appropriate strategies and techniques.
- Develop and review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Review design options and recommend best solutions based on cost, engineering quality, and availability of materials.
- Review estimates during development and provide insight on corporate resource availability, assigning resources for proposal and bid development.
- Prepare instructions to bidders, bid forms, and other bid solicitation information as required.
- Ensure the flow of project information is maintained and documented from “as bid” to “as contracted”.
- Build effective relationships with clients, contractors, suppliers, and user groups that reflect and support core company values.
- Responsible for the supervision, performance and career development of direct reports.
- Must demonstrate a collaborative attitude in working with members of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and build strong relationships.
- Strong ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent leadership and team building skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to create and maintain accurate and organized documentation.
- Significant knowledge of all project management functions, Industrial Services, and Fabrication.
- Proven ability in using estimating software.
Procedure for applying:
- Engineering degree/Technical diploma, or equivalent combinations of technical training and related experience.
- Minimum five years’ experience in a related role.
Helping Customers Bring ENERGY to Our World Career Opportunity
Please submit resumes to the attention of Noma Mangena – email@example.com Verbal applications will not be accepted.
Closing Date - Open until a suitable candidate is found