Heavy Equipment Air Conditioning Technician #28862
Company: SGS Canada
Functional Area: Audit Quality
Reference Number: CA00578
Closing Date: 30.06.2012 00:00:00
SGS is the worlds leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With over 59'000 employees, SGS operates a network of more than 1,000 offices and laboratories around the world.
In Canada, we presently have a staff of over 1,400 employees and more than 40 locations from coast-to-coast. We have the following opening based out of our Offices in Fort McMurray, Alberta. The starting hourly rate for this position is $42 / hour averaging 42 hours / week - 12 days on 12 days off.
The position of Heavy-duty equipment Air Conditioning technicians exists to perform visual inspections, repairs, troubleshooting, adjust, overhaul and maintain A/C & FS systems and ancillary components used on equipment to support mining and construction operations.
Reporting to - Shift QA/QC Lead or designate
- Check heavy-duty AC & FS systems equipment for proper performance, inspection of systems on equipment to detect unusual wear, faults and or malfunctions.
- Diagnose problems using appropriate tools and instruments to determine extent of repair required to return system to OEM functionality.
- Make necessary adjustments and repair or replace defective parts, components or systems, using appropriate hand and power tools.
- Test and examine repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that the repairs & maintenance meets manufacturers’ standards.
- Clean, lubricate and perform other periodic maintenance task for the equipment.
- Check to ensure that all required emergency labels are in place or install new SGS labels replacing other maintenance company labels.
- The individual will adhere to Company and Client safety programs and policies.
- The individual will exhibit good house keeping and show care in vehicle and equipment maintenance.
- Other duties may be assigned as directed by the contract with the Client.
- This position requires a post secondary training in Heavy-Duty equipment mechanics (Air Conditioning, Refrigeration, Heating, and Ventilation).
- The incumbent must hold valid certification as either an Inter-provincial Red Seal Technician/Mechanic or be certified as a Technician/ Mechanic in Alberta in the following trades:
- Automotive Service Technician,
- Truck and Coach Technician, Motor Vehicle Mechanic, Heavy Equipment Tech –
- Transport Trailer Mechanic, Heavy Equipment Tech
- HD Equipment Mechanic Off Road, Heavy Equipment Technician
- Truck and Transport Mechanic,
- Heavy Duty Mechanical Repair, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Technician (HVAC)
- A minimum of 1 - 3 years experience preferably in the maintenance of heavy-duty equipment or mobile equipment (Air Conditioning, Refrigeration, Heating, and Ventilation).
- Good report writing skills.
- Ability to perform stock control for forecasting parts supplies.
- Posses and maintain a valid drivers license.
- Capable of operating without being under close supervision.
- Must be able to read, understand and follow work instructions in a safe, accurate and timely manner.
- Basic understanding of various types of computer software is an asset (Word, Excel. PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Ability to work well with others & independently.
- Proven time management skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Ensures full compliance with the company’s Health & Safety, Code of Integrity, and Professional Conduct policies.
For candidates who meet these pre-requisites, SGS offers a stimulating professional environment with advancement opportunities and a competitive compensation package. Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
SGS IS THE WORLD’S LEADING INSPECTION, TESTING, VERIFICATION & CERTIFICATION COMPANY