DR Technician #28868
Company: ACUREN Group Inc
State / Province: Alberta
City: Fort McMurray
Acuren is seeking Full-Time professionals interested in performing computed radiography and digital radiography work through our AOS department. This position will be a local role, based in Fort McMurray, Alberta. Candidates willing to relocate will be considered. Schedules will be set by Acuren.
Applicant MUST be able to pass a drug and alcohol test.
Primary responsibilities include:
What you will bring:
- Set up, maintain, and calibrate non-destructive testing equipment
- Conduct tests to ensure quality or detect discontinuities (defects) using NDT methods of inspection
- Follow techniques for proper examination of objects under inspection
- Ensuring strict adherence to safety regulations
- Interpret images as per Acuren procedures
- Apply testing criteria in accordance with applicable specifications or standards and evaluate results
- Organize and report test results
- Perform specialized inspections
- Computer skills including the ability to operate computerized equipment
- Ability to install computer hardware and software
- Be able to trouble shoot computer issues
- Effective verbal, presentation and listening communication skills
- Decision making skills
- Organizational skills
- Carrying up to 80 pounds of equipment
- Ability to work at heights up to 200 feet
- Current certification with NRCAN, or a demonstrated willingness to learn
- Technical background in NDT methods and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to effectively perform assigned NDT tasks
- Knowledge of NDT equipment
- Strong computer skills required
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Strong intrapersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Effective problem solving skills
- Ability to work with new technology
- Clean Drivers abstract
- Candidates with strong computer skills; or a diploma/degree in Computer Information Systems or Information Technology will also be considered
Acuren is a nondestructive testing, inspection and materials engineering firm focused on supporting mechanical integrity and inspection programs for clients in the Petrochemical, Refinery, Pipeline, Pulp & Paper, Power Generation, Pharmaceutical, Aerospace, and Automotive industries. We have over 3,000 skilled employees and a network of 90 local offices across North America dedicated to supporting our client's inspection needs.
What we offer:
We offer work in a fast-paced, growing company with potential for career advancement, personal development and growth. Along with challenging learning opportunities, you will find competitive compensation, a comprehensive health and welfare plan (medical, dental, STD, LTD, and life insurance), paid vacation and sick leave, tuition reimbursement and a company RRSP or Union Pension Plan. We believe in "A Higher Level of Reliability" in everything we do. For our employees, this means providing a safe and respectful workplace and a steady job with opportunities to learn and grow.
We Support an Equal Opportunity Workplace:
Acuren supports a diverse workforce and is a member of the Federal Contractors Program for Employment Equity. Consideration for employment is based upon capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
If you are interested in this employment opportunity or to see a complete position description, please visit our website at www.acuren.com and go to the Careers tab. To apply, please submit your resume online or e-mail to email@example.com
Thank you, we appreciate your interest in a career at Acuren; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further information. Agency services are not required at this time.