Project Administrator #28878
Company Name: Aecon
Location: Fort McMurray
Available: Immediately. Full Time.
Reporting to the Controller, the Project Administrator is responsible for payroll, accounts payable, journal entries, monthly reporting, special projects and other administrative duties for Aecon Mining.
KEY Functions and Responsibilities
Knowledge and Skills
- Coordinate submission of timesheets and pay adjustments for payroll processing.
- Assist in completion of new hire and employee termination packages.
- Coordinate the distribution of pay stubs to site locations
- Assist the Accounts Payable group with processing vendor invoices (e.g. matching invoices to Purchase Orders and Packing slips, obtaining proper approval and coding to the proper general ledger account.
- Review PO Log on a regular basis to ensure it is accurate and current
- Assist with month-end and year-end financial reporting (e.g. accruals)
- Assist with cash forecasting and financial forecasting, as required
- Prepare and post journal entries as required.
- Assist with coordinating vehicle passes as required
- Provide support to TAC/SAP administrators when required.
- Provide back up support to other departments when needed.
- Assist with external and internal auditors’ request for information.
- Collaborating with team members to ensure compliance with Bill 198 requirements.
- Other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Experience in project administration is an asset.
- Basic knowledge of accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and office administration functions.
- Experience using Microsoft Windows Applications such as Microsoft Office and strong data entry skills.
- A quick learner, with excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a busy team environment.
Resumes must be submitted online at http://www.aecon.com/Careers/View_Jobs under Project Administrator (80-800). This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected.
Let us know if you found this posting on JobShop.ca by indicating it in your online application or in your cover letter!