Corrosion/Chemical Engineering Specialist #28889
Job ID: 6436
Position Type: Full-Time
Location: CA-AB-Foster Creek
Business Unit/Team: Operations Shared Services
Job Post End Date: 6/19/2012
Cenovus Energy Inc is seeking a candidate to join the Technical Services Group as a Corrosion/Chemical Engineering Specialist for our Foster Creek facilities. This position is available as either a full time contract or employee position.
Foster Creek is located approximately 90 minutes north of Bonnyville or 90 minutes north west of Cold Lake Alberta, it is anticipated that the successful candidate will live in either the Bonnyville or Cold Lake area. The normal schedule will be a 10 hour day working 4 days on and 3 days off, however for the right candidate this could become a camp based 4 and 3, Monday to Thursday position, air transportation provided from Calgary or drive in if applicable.
The successful candidate will posses a solid back ground in Corrosion Engineering and Oil Field Water Chemistry. In this key role the successful candidate will provide expertise in maintaining the existing corrosion mitigation/monitoring programs and water scaling programs. This position will also provide technical assistance with metallic and non-metallic materials corrosion assessments and failure analysis.
- Provide corrosion engineering support for the Foster Creek Facility Integrity Area Work teams
- Provide technical expertise for corrosion mitigation programs,
- Manage existing corrosion monitoring programs (probes, coupons)
- Provide technical expertise for water scaling programs
- Mentor on site Process Engineers
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- This is a safety sensitive position and will be subject to the relevant requirements of the Cenovus Alcohol and Drug policy, which includes pre-assignment testing
- B.SC in Chemistry or Professional Engineer is required
- 5+ years experience in Corrosion/Chemical Engineering
- Previous experience with oil field water treating is mandatory
- Previous experience with boiler feed water would be an asset
- API 510 would be an asset
- API 570 would be an asset
- Valid driver license
Immediately following successful submission of your online application, you will receive an online message confirming Cenovus's receipt of your resume. Due to the anticipated volume of applications we are unable to respond to telephone inquiries about the status of your application.