Project Health and Safety (HSE) Manager #28892
Company: Snamprogetti Canada
Location: Calgary, AB and Fort McMurray, AB
Categories: Health & Safety
Closing Date: 25-Jun-2012
- To ensure the correct development, management and improvement of the Project Management System throughout the engineering and development phases (EPIC Projects) of the project.
- To Plan and coordinate the activities of all Safety and Environment personnel working in HSE design and on sites.
- To define criteria and references for developing project HSE plans and for undertaking specific studies and global analysis evaluating plant performance in normal operating and upset conditions.
Experience and Skills Required:
- To ensure that all design and construction activities carried out by Snamprogetti Canada are conducted in strict accordance with Canadian Standards and with company and client Environmental and Safety Standards.
- To define the HSE objectives in compliance with Snamprogetti Canada, the Client HSE policy and with the contractual requirements. Ensure application of objectives during the HSE Plan development for the Engineering, Procurement, Construction phases.
- To staff and manage the HSE team including.
- To ensure HSE management will be followed during the enite project life from the commercial proposal to the site implementation and construction
- To conduct a pre construction survey, identify safety criticalities and environmental sensitive areas and design mitigation measures.
- To assist the engineering/management teams in the Risk Management process (i.e. HAZOP, HAZID, SIL LOPA, Hazard & Effect Management Process, Risk Assessment, etc)
- Support in accident/incident investigations on the project.
- To assist construction teams in Risk Management and Occupational Safety Risk Assessment.
- To guarantee the review of the contractual document as per his/her competence and to coordinate the HSE activities also between the different Project Operating Centres.
- To define the Husky HSE Requirements for Engineering and Sub-Contractors.
- To guarantee HSE document reviews, in particular referring to Safety Plans, Risk Assessment for Snamprogetti Canada personnel, etc.., verifying the compliance with Snamprogetti Canada HSE Management System.
- To guarantee, together with relevant Client representatives, the correct procedures to obtain local authorization where multidisciplinary HSE activities are required (Risk Analysis, Social Environmental Impact Analysis, Fire prevention, etc.).
- 10+ years experience in a management role.
- Preference give to Oil and Gas Alberta construction experience.
- Critical thinking
- Leadership skills
- Problem Solver
- Conflict management
- Expert communication, both oral and written
- Organizational and prioritization skills
- Project management experience is an asset
- Attention to detail
We offer a highly competitive compensation/benefits package. For a career that goes beyond the expected, please submit your cover letter and resume to Workopolis.
Attn: Human Resources
Suite 1800, 530 8th Avenue SW
Calgary, Alberta T2P 3S8
For more information, please visit http://www.snamprogetti.ca/. Please apply in the manner specified or your application may not be considered. We thank all applicants in advance, however only qualified candidates will be contacted.