Fort McMurray Tourism is the recognized Destination Management Organization for the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo. Nestled in the beauty of the boreal forest, we are one of Canada’s largest and fastest growing Municipalities. Experiences are built on a solid foundation of the energy sector, nature, history, culture, sport, and education . . . all of which need to be activated allowing the region to be a viable travel destination.
In partnership with the municipality, our industry, community stakeholders, residents, Travel Alberta and the Province of Alberta we are focused on
OUR VISION: Fort McMurray Tourism will capture the pride and spirit of our people, our industry, our landscapes and our history to lead our members and region in offering a unique experience to travelers and residents.
OUR MISSION: We are an advocate for regional tourism and engage in marketing and educational activities that encourage visitation and community participation.
Fort McMurray Tourism is searching for a person who has passion, energy and an endless storehouse of viable ideas. Looks forward to creating partnerships with outcomes in mind for a membership driven organization and on behalf of a fast growing region! While ensuring that there is alignment with research to develop product and experiences into stimulating the demand in existing and up-and-coming markets!
Please consider this an invitation to join the Fort McMurray Tourism team as their Experience Manager.
Job Description Completed: May 2012
Position Currently Held by: Newly Created
Reports to: CEO
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience.
Submission Deadline: June 15, 2012
The Experience Manager is responsible for successfully implementing the FMT’s short term destination awareness and mid-term destination development outcomes as outlined in the guiding Strategic Plan and more tactically driven Business Plan for the organization. Marketing, member stewardship, industry/product development into packaging, and market research form the basis of this position’s responsibility.
· Develop annual marketing & product development plan and associated tactical initiatives, collateral, externally oriented assets (website, etc.),
· Progressively promote business (M&IT), leisure, conference (MICE), through traditional and non-traditional channels in relevant source markets for region,
· Ensure an inclusive and collaborative environment across the community and membership for the region,
· Undertake an inventory of existing product while understanding experience alignment with existing and emerging markets. Develop viable product which present experience elements translating into fit with local, domestic, regional and international demand. Be mindful of development as it relates to need locally to enhance the quality of life while externally to offer experiences suitable for this locale,
Measure past initiatives and programs which includes reporting on existing visitors, economic benefit, into trend assessment. While directing research to support activities aligned with strategically developing our industry, our region and business planning
Education & Experience
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in an intermediate position in a related industry,
- A post-secondary degree in marketing or business management is strongly preferred,
- Experience working within a DMO environment,
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial ability or aptitude is preferred,
- Proven experience with marketing, planning and campaign execution while working with multiple stakeholders,
- Strong Customer Service attitude is preferred,
- Must possess a valid driver’s licence and own vehicle,
- Must be willing to travel in relation to needs of position.
Skills & Attitude
- Proven business and financial management skills,
- Strong writing and analytical skills,
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work to deadlines,
- Ability to work independently,
- Flexible, adaptable and to appropriately think on your feet.
Please submit a covering letter, resume, indication of salary expectations and availability to start to Ms. Denise Barrow, Office Manager at email@example.com. Should you wish to obtain a copy of the full job description, please e-mail Ms. Barrow with this request. Only those who meet the aforementioned requirements will be contacted.