Turnaround Field Specialist - Turnaround and Small #29048
Company: Nexen Inc.
Job ID: 4707
Location: Fort McMurray
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Department Oil Sands-Turnaround/Proj
Posting Close Date 06/18/2012
Nexen has an excellent asset base and big opportunities for employees. What we do and how we do it means you get the chance to do more at Nexen.
Working for Nexen, the operator of Long Lake, is an opportunity to work for one of the top companies in Canada. Nexen is a Canadian-based oil and gas company with international operations. We're committed to working collaboratively, building our assets and finding new ways of developing our oil and gas resources - conventional and unconventional - through innovative adaptation of technology. This leads to a sustainable outcome, creating value for all of our stakeholders. At Nexen, it's not just what we do that makes us worldwide leaders - it's how we do it.
Long Lake is Canada's newest major oilsands development and the first to integrate in-situ Steam Assisted Gravity Drainage (SAGD) technology with onsite upgrading on a large scale. With input capacity of 70,000 barrels per day of bitumen, Long Lake is the largest SAGD facility in the world. The facility also employs a unique and proprietary upgrading solution that results in production of a Premium Synthetic Crude (PSCTM) oil that is superior to any other produced from the Canadian oilsands - at a distinct cost advantage over other operations.
Long Lake is located approximately 40 km southeast of Fort McMurray, in the Athabasca oilsands of northeastern Alberta. The lease is estimated to hold approximately six billion barrels of bitumen. As operator, Nexen is currently focused on ramping up production to reach an output capacity of 60,000 barrels per day of PSCTM.
This position is a Fort McMurray based position; therefore relocation is required. We offer highly competitive housing/rental assistance programs to all successful candidates.
Nestled in the boreal forest at the confluence of four rivers, Fort McMurray is a thriving, modern and culturally diverse city of 80,000 people. It's a vibrant community rich in history, with an unlimited potential for the future. Fort McMurray offers an attractive lifestyle for individuals and families, including state-of-the-art recreational and cultural facilities, big-city amenities and, of course, the great outdoors.
Reporting to the Turnaround & Small Projects (TASP) Execution Lead within the Turn Around & Small Projects group, the Turnaround Field Specialist is the primary interface between owner stakeholders, and contract resources in the planning and field execution of Turnarounds & Outages at Nexen’s Long Lake site. Success in this role will require well-honed organizational and communication skills in order to work effectively and efficiently with these various stakeholders within the Long Lake Operation.
The Turnaround Field Specialist is the field contact for the planner and contractor supervision in their assigned work area. This role accountable for ensuring that work is progressing on schedule with minimum interference.
From the planning to the post turn around phase, the Turnaround Field Specialist, supports equipment requirements and resources with necessary information to allow for the efficient scheduling, assignment, and execution of maintenance work and to support the process as designed to ensure safe, environmentally sound and cost effective operations in accordance with the expectations, goals and objectives of Nexen.
- Review of Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), scheduling and schedule analysis, cost estimating and cost control, budget development and reporting;
- Safety and environmental compliance following Long Lake HSE&SR policies and practices;
- Provide functional and technical support to field staff as required to in the execution of Turnarounds/Outages;
- Directing, supervising, and administering Turnarounds/Outages from work order through execution to startup;
- Plan, coordinate, and direct cost and scheduling activities;
- Support the measurement and reporting of KPI targets;
- Champion continuous improvement through reliability and business initiatives;
- Plan and coordinate with various functional groups to effectively execute turnaround maintenance and outage maintenance activities;
- Manage contract resources to ensure work is carried out in an efficient and effective manner to improve cost performance;
- Formation and administration of service contracts.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in an industrial maintenance organization;
- Demonstrated mature judgment capacity for anticipating and solving unanticipated complexities with a high degree of flexibility and creativity;
- Graduate of a recognized technical school diploma program;
- Industrial journeyman certificate a plus;
- Leadership or supervisory training a definite asset;
- Use of SAP or similar Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) and experience with contract Administration;
- Knowledge of P6 scheduling software and advanced cost engineering & scheduling skills;
- Hands on experience developing and updating schedules using Primavera, cost & resource loading, customer reports, and spreadsheets;
- Proficient in the use the Microsoft Suite of products.
Nexen Inc. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and excellent opportunities for growth and advancement.
No agency or telephone inquiries please. Only resumes of candidates being considered will be acknowledged.