Instructor - Sociology #29283
Company: Keyano Corporate
Competition Number: 1112-SOI-113
Position type: Faculty
Closing Date: This advertisement will remain posted until a suitable candidate is found.
Summary of Position
Keyano College is a comprehensive community college with three campuses and four learning centers serving northeastern Alberta. With an annual enrolment of approximately 2500 credit and over 28,000 part-time non-credit students, it offers a wide range of programs, from academic programs to heavy industrial and trades training to visual and performing arts. Keyano is recognized as an innovator in partnerships with industry and in educational programming, and as a leader in client-specific training.
Role and Responsibilities
- The University Studies Arts, Education & Social Sciences Department requires a Sociology Instructor.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of university sociology courses.
- The successful candidate will be required to design/revise/update courses, in consultation with the Chair, faculty, other universities, advisory committees, potential employers, and students.
- Responsibilities include carrying out regularly scheduled instruction, ensuring student awareness of course objectives, defining evaluation techniques, and validating learning outcomes.
- The successful candidate will also be expected to have office hours for student consultation and create an awareness of the discipline in the community.
- Participation in both Departmental and College affairs, particularly with respect to recruitment, tutoring, and academic advising of students is also required.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in Sociology, Ph.D. preferred.
- Prior post-secondary teaching experience is an asset.
Based upon educational and experiential qualifications per annum plus a comprehensive benefits package.
Procedure for applying:
Please submit your current resume, with competition number, to the human resources department by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further Information visit our website at www.keyano.ca/careers.
Please supply three references with your application. When sending your resume, please indicate the specific job title you are applying for.