Instructor – English #29284
Company: Keyano Corporate
Competition Number: 1112-ENI-114
Position type: Faculty
Closing Date: This advertisement will remain posted until a suitable candidate is found.
Summary of Position
Keyano College is a comprehensive community college with three campuses and four learning centers serving northeastern Alberta. With an annual enrolment of approximately 2500 credit and over 28,000 part-time non-credit students, it offers a wide range of programs, from academic programs to heavy industrial and trades training to visual and performing arts. Keyano is recognized as an innovator in partnerships with industry and in educational programming, and as a leader in client-specific training.
Role and Responsibilities
- The University Studies Department at Keyano College is looking for an individual who can teach a range of introductory and advanced courses in English.
- These courses could include but are not limited to Literary Analysis, Aboriginal Writing, The Short Story, Literature in Historical Perspectives and the Arthurian Tradition in Literature.
- This is a permanent full-time position commencing August 13, 2012. The successful candidate will be required to design/revise/update courses, including consulting with the Chair, faculty, advisory committees, and potential employers and students.
- In addition, the successful candidates will be responsible for developing individualized instruction and multi-media presentations and incorporating technology into the learning process where applicable, while defining, evaluating and validating learning outcomes.
- Other responsibilities will include carrying out regularly scheduled instruction, ensuring student awareness of course objectives, approach, and evaluation techniques as well as recruitment, tutoring and academic counseling of students as required.
- Minimum requirements are a Masters degree in English.
- A PhD in English is preferred.
- Experience in curriculum development and teaching at the post secondary level preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and problem solving skills are required for this position, together with a commitment to working in a team environment.
Based upon educational and experiential qualifications per annum plus a comprehensive benefits package.
Procedure for applying:
Please submit your current resume, with competition number, to the human resources department by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further Information visit our website at www.keyano.ca/careers
When sending your resume, please indicate the specific job title you are applying for.