Company: North American Construction Group
Job ID: 2012-3627
Category: Construction/Project Management
Job City: Fort McMurray, AB
For over 50 years North American Construction Group Inc. (NACG) has worked to build a solid reputation as an industry leader. As one of the largest providers of mining, heavy construction, industrial, piling, and pipeline services in Western Canada, we have the precise combination of knowledge and experience that clients seek when they select a service provider.
We take pride in providing the highest possible level of service to our clients. By fostering a healthy and safe work environment, NACG is able to attract some of the best individuals in the industry. Our experienced team of professionals is able to tackle any job while adhering to the highest standards of safety and quality. NACG has a proven quality assurance program that has been developed for both broad and specific scopes of work, our piling division is ISO 9001:2000 certified and all of our business units are ISO compliant.
Unrivalled in excellence, North American Construction Group is determined to always be the service provider that is first and foremost in the minds of our clients, employees and stakeholders.
North American Construction Group - We build careers!
North American Construction Group was named one of Alberta’s Top 55 Employers for 2012! This prestigious honor, presented by MediaCorp Canada, recognizes NACG as one of the province’s most progressive employers, Some of the criteria that helped shine a spotlight on NACG included: the Company’s significant investment in Learning & Development the diverse career opportunities we provide across several different industries our competitive compensation packages
Performance Management processes profit sharing and the successful Co-op and Grad programs we employ to provide valuable hands-on experience for students For the past few years, our company has worked diligently to create a strong corporate culture and to provide all the tools our employees need to succeed.
NACG’s Heavy Construction and Mining division is currently seeking Foreman with experience in heavy civil road and earthworks construction for the Fort McMurray area. The successful applicant will be accountable for the support of field operations in all aspects including cost controls, planning, scheduling and estimating. You must have a proven track record with the ability to develop positive relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ensure efficient deployment and productivity of work crews.
- Ensure and enforce compliance to all company, client and legislated Safety policies and procedures.
- Conduct daily and weekly safety meetings and inspections and complete follow-up activities.
- Assess and confirm, through documentation, crew competency.
- Review safe work plans/ hazard assessment with crew prior to job commencement.
- Ensure that all work permits are obtained and adhered to.
- Take corrective action to mitigate immediate hazards, where safe to do so.
- Ensure consistent application of the progressive discipline system.
- Inspect work site before, during and at end of shift.
- Identify surplus equipment and labour resources.
- Operate in a safe and courteous manner at all times.
- Ensure compliance to Corporate and client D&A Policies.
- Ensure all new hires/transfers receive required orientations. Attend and participate in site specific orientations.
- Ensure adequate and suitable safety equipment, including PPE, is supplied, readily accessible, properly used and maintained.
- Promote and ensure the FLRA process is conducted before every task.
- Report and refuse unsafe work. Report unsafe conditions immediately.
- Complete near miss cards/voice cards.
- Report all incidents and hazards to the Supervisor.
- Conduct incident investigations and prepare associated support documentation immediately.
- Report and respond to any harassment issues.
- Identify testing requirements and ensure Subcontractors are available to support daily operations.
- Complete termination/transfer reports and submit to Supervisor.
- Adhere to project, company environmental considerations.
- Identify quantity and scope changes to the Contract and communicate to Supervisor.
- Ensure crews use and understand up to date project cost coding.
- Monitor equipment utilization and report down equipment to Mechanics.
- Review weekly servicing and preventative maintenance schedules.
- Complete daily activity reports/daily logs and submit to Supervisor.
- Five years experience in any construction supervisory capacity.
- Construction supervisory courses or equivalent experience related to supervision of construction operations.
- Mentor fellow workers and lead by example.
- Leadership for Safety Excellence.
Rewards of our positions include competitive compensation and benefits packages and excellent career growth prospects. These benefits include LOA (or camp accommodations), travel allowance for non-local employees, Companywide financial target bonus, health and dental benefits, and competitive uplifts to your base salary.
To explore this opportunity, please submit a resume of your experience and accomplishments in confidence.