Project Manager #29330
Company: Flint Energy
Req #: 14506
Career Level: Manager
Location: Fort McMurray, AB
# of Openings: 1
Job Code: 1743
Flint Energy Services Ltd. is North America’s leading fully integrated midstream oil and gas service provider to the energy and resource industries. "People" is a core value at Flint and our safety target is a zero injury workforce. When you join Flint, you will receive challenging and rewarding work assignments, be provided with opportunities for personal and professional growth, be recognized for performance, and enjoy a competitive compensation package.
Role and Responsibilities
- Coach and mentor the project team staff. Provide day to day direction to the team.
- Ensure staffing plans are developed and functional coverage is maintained for the Project.
- Align the group to the Managed Transfer Process, and be directly involved with the team’s progression opportunities.
- Identify key project resources and jointly with the Functional Managers develop succession plans for these people.
- Provide leadership in the Safety Management System (SMS) within the project team. Lead monthly safety meetings and conduct regular site safety inspections.
- Develop the project budget for direct, indirect and other costs based on estimates provided for identified project scope of work.
- Support the constructability assessments for new projects, by working closely with the project teams and the Client.
- Utilizing the Construction Project Delivery System, lead the project team through the construction project phases.
- Manage the development of the contracting strategies, commercial terms for the project and finalizing the project contract.
- Work with the project team to develop the project schedule and conduct regular reviews and updates to the schedule based on project progress and change.
- Oversee the change management process and approval of all trends and change orders.
- Review and provide input into the project turnover strategy.
- Review all performance indicators on a shift basis, and as part of the monthly construction and business operation reviews. Provide input and take actions where required to hit targets.
- Align the project team to the contractual obligations and participate in contract review meetings.
- Manage and apply risk management to any project risks to ensure risk is minimized.
- Manage the manpower loading requirements by reviewing the manpower forecast and prioritizing labour loading based on project requirements and business priorities.
- Forecast project revenues and margins.Conduct monthly analysis to identify opportunities to meet project targets.
- Manage project cash flows by analyzing revenue in excess and accounts receivables. Drive actions within the project to achieve project targets.
- Oversee preparation and delivery of the Financial Project Closeout Report.
- Work with the Project Director or Senior Project Manager and project team to develop the project schedule, conduct regular reviews and update the schedule based on project progress and change.
- Support the Project Director or Senior Project Manager with the change management process and approval of all trends and change orders.
- Conduct lessons learned sessions at key milestones identified within the construction execution plan in order to drive continuous improvement of the project and processes.
- Review all performance indicators each shift and provide input/take action where required to ensure targets are met.
- Manage the manpower loading requirements by reviewing the bi-weekly manpower forecast and prioritizing labour loading based on project requirements and business priorities.
- Work with the Project Director or Senior Project Manager and client to finalize agreement on the system turnover plan, which will identify the roles and responsibilities and deliverables of the Flint and client team.
- Support the Project Director or Senior Project Manager with the development of the Construction Execution Plan. Work with the Functional Team Leads to align their functional plans and deliverables based on the project schedule.
- Develop the project documentation plan and oversee the management of the project documentation.
- Support the Project Director or Senior Project Manager with the development and implementation of the Project Communication plan.
- Represent Flint in Client Engineering meetings. Hold both parties accountable for delivery of materials and engineering packages as defined within the project execution plan.
- Work with the Project Director or Senior Project Manager or Line VP to establish, communicate and execute on project priorities as they apply to the Divisional Strategy and Client Contract.
- Approve and submit any invoice/timesheet expenses which have business unit expenditures to the appropriate projects.
- Participates in Performance review of Contract Management (CM) Staff and collaborates with the Project Manager and Functional Manager in people management initiatives.
- Responsible for project revenue and profitability under area of responsibility.
- Minimum of College diploma/certificate required.
- Technical engineering diploma required.
- University Education within Engineering, Commerce or equivalent would be an asset.
- Professional Management Certification and/or Professional Engineering Certification preferred.
- Intermediate Computer Skills: Microsoft Project-Primavera.
- Expert Computer Skills: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years experience required, within heavy construction.
- Provides day to day supervision to the project team under the area of responsibility.
- H2S Awaerness and or H2S Alive
Flint would like to thank all those who apply. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We encourage you to keep up to date on our current Career Opportunities by visiting our website or calling 1-866-GO-FLINT.