Company: Nexen Inc.
Job ID: 4706
Location: Fort McMurray
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Department: Oil Sands-Maintenance-LL
Posting Close Date: 07/04/2012
Nexen has an excellent asset base and big opportunities for employees. What we do and how we do it means you get the chance to do more at Nexen.
Working for Nexen, the operator of Long Lake, is an opportunity to work for one of the top companies in Canada. Nexen is a Canadian-based oil and gas company with international operations. We're committed to working collaboratively, building our assets and finding new ways of developing our oil and gas resources • conventional and unconventional • through innovative adaptation of technology. This leads to a sustainable outcome, creating value for all of our stakeholders. At Nexen, it's not just what we do that makes us worldwide leaders • it's how we do it.
Long Lake is Canada's newest major oilsands development and the first to integrate in-situ Steam Assisted Gravity Drainage (SAGD) technology with onsite upgrading on a large scale. With input capacity of 70,000 barrels per day of bitumen, Long Lake is the largest SAGD facility in the world. The facility also employs a unique and proprietary upgrading solution that results in production of a Premium Synthetic Crude (PSCTM) oil that is superior to any other produced from the Canadian oilsands • at a distinct cost advantage over other operations.
Long Lake is located approximately 40 km southeast of Fort McMurray, in the Athabasca oilsands of northeastern Alberta. The lease is estimated to hold approximately six billion barrels of bitumen. As operator, Nexen is currently focused on ramping up production to reach an output capacity of 60,000 barrels per day of PSCTM.
This position is a Fort McMurray based position; therefore relocation is required. We offer highly competitive housing/rental assistance programs to all successful candidates.
Nestled in the boreal forest at the confluence of four rivers, Fort McMurray is a thriving, modern and culturally diverse city of 80,000 people. It's a vibrant community rich in history, with an unlimited potential for the future. Fort McMurray offers an attractive lifestyle for individuals and families, including state-of-the-art recreational and cultural facilities, big-city amenities and, of course, the great outdoors.
As a member of the Maintenance Team, you will report to the Area Maintenance Supervisor. You will be a team player who is dedicated to excellence in safety, in protecting the environment, and in maintaining equipment reliability. You will have a strong foundation in preventative and predictive maintenance, as well as superior skills within your area of expertise.
- Maintain and refine maintenance reliability and integrity programs;
- Be able to work with a multi-disciplined work group during day-to-day operating conditions, as well as turnaround activities;
- Together with maintenance planning personnel, steward the review, modification, development, and implementation of detailed job plans. These would include information such as task lists, labour resources (craft and skill type), tool requirements, material requirements, safety and hazardous material requirements, pre-job activities, a detailed task description, and post maintenance activities;
- Operational mechanical support includes but is not limited to supporting the day-to-day, long range, trouble-shooting, and optimization plans;
- Repair and troubleshooting of all rotating and stationary equipment;
- Maintenance of equipment and system reliability;
- Support turnaround planning and execution;
- Oversee and ensure that any contractors assigned to your responsibility meet safety, quality, cost, and schedule targets.
- Alberta Journeyman Machinist Red Seal or Inter-provincial certificate;
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent education;
- 3 - 10 years' experience in a fast paced maintenance repair environment. Other industrial site experience will be considered;
- Manual Lathe, Milling Machine, and Radial Drill experience is required;
- 3+ years in a maintenance function;
- Demonstrated experienced in hands-on support of operations, technical, and maintenance work teams;
- Technical strength coupled with good people skills, and good planning;
- Must have strong PC skills using Microsoft Office Suite and demonstrated written and verbal communication skills;
- SAP experience would be considered an asset.
Nexen Inc. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and excellent opportunities for growth and advancement.
No agency or telephone inquiries please. Only resumes of candidates being considered will be acknowledged