Student Advisor #29459
Company: Keyano Corporate
Competition Number: 1112-STA-116
Position type: Support (CUPE)
Closing Date: This advertisement will remain posted until a suitable candidate is found.
The Office of the Registrar at Keyano College is currently seeking an experienced, highly motivated individual to assume the duties of Student Advisor. This is a full-time, permanent position commencing immediatley.
- Student Advisors use a developmental process, which considers individual's needs, goals, interests and prior academic/non-academic experiences to effectively broaden the student's ability to successfully design and implement an individualized educational plan.
- Through this approach, Student Advisors are expected to research, analyze, develop, and deliver services through a number of ways.
- Essential skills in public relations, communications, research, program development, and accuracy in delivery of information are essential to the Student Advising role.
- Reporting to the Registrar, the Student Advisor will manage and oversee student files assigned to their caseload.
- This position will be responsible for handling student inquiries, managing student application processes, academic advising, determining student placements and assisting with student funding.
- This position is required to provide excellent customer service from the initial point of application contact through to Admissions.
Remuneration: $56,090 per annum plus an attractive benefits package
- A University Degree in a related field plus some experience related to the position, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preference will be given to Social Sciences backgrounds.
- The successful candidate will also have knowledge of SIS systems, student funding policies and guidelines, computer applications, and various entrance requirements to Universities/Colleges and Technical school programs.
- Strong advisory/assessment skills and excellent communication and interpersonal skills are also needed for this position.
Please submit your current resume, with competition number, to the human resources department by email to email@example.com. For further Information visit our website at www.keyano.ca/careers
When sending your resume, please indicate the specific job title you are applying for.