Instructor - Heavy Equipment Operator #29543
Company: Keyano Corporate
Competition Number: 1112-HEO-127
Position type: Faculty
Closing Date: This advertisement will remain posted until a suitable candidate is found.
Keyano College offers the quality of life you want - flexibility and freedom to spend time with family, Christmas break off and lifelong learning and career development opportunities. Pass on your education and experience and have fun doing it!
Keyano College is located in Wood Buffalo, home of the Athabasca Oil Sands, one of the largest deposits of recoverable oil in the world, second only to Saudi Arabia. With two campuses in Fort McMurray, one in Fort Chipewyan and learning centres in Fort McKay, Gregoire Lake, Janvier, and Conklin, Keyano College is at the epicenter of the Canadian economy and a major player in the training of the skilled workforce required to harness this incredible resource.
An employer of choice in one of the most dynamic regions in the country, Keyano College offers professional development and learning opportunities, access to a state-of-the-art sport & wellness centre and a learning environment that inspires excellence and innovation. We are people centered and community focused, and we invite you to discover your future at Keyano College with this career opportunity.
Keyano College employs over 360 full and part-time employees in faculty, support and administrative positions. Our employees provide services to over 15,000 credit and non-credit students at three campuses and several regional learning centres. Keyano College encourages individuals with experience and expertise to join our staff. We provide our employees with professional development opportunities to enable them to keep up-to-date in their field.
The Trades and Heavy Industrial Division at Keyano College is currently seeking an experienced and self-motivated individual to instruct in the Heavy Equipment Operator program. This is a full-time permanent position commencing immediately.
Role and Responsibilities
- The Instructor will be required to prepare and deliver lessons and demonstrations through classroom and field situations, assist in keeping curriculum concurrent with industry standards;
- maintain student documents and records and perform other related instructional duties.
- This position may require occasional out of town travel.
- Those individuals selected for an interview will be required to provide a recent driver’s abstract.
- Minimum ten years experience safely operating and maintaining heavy construction equipment including; motor grader, scraper, crawler tractor and backhoe.
- Previous training or instructional experience in an adult setting would be considered an asset.
Procedure for applying:
- Based upon educational and experiential qualifications;
- plus an attractive benefits package including relocation assistance, professional development opportunities.
Note: Keyano College offers a comprehensive Professional Educators Orientation (PEO) prior to the teaching appointment and, an excellent benefits package including professional development, and relocation assistance.
Please submit your current resume, with competition number, to the human resources department by email to email@example.com When sending your resume, please indicate the specific job title you are applying for.