Remote Camp - Manager of First Impressions #29720
Company: Compass Group Canada
Sector: ESS [Remote Sites & Offshore]
Job Rotation: 20 days on, 8 days off
Location: Fort McMurray, Alberta
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues. Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent - Great People, Great Service, Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2012 Top 100 Employers list in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
ESS Support Services provides high volume food and support services to remote locations that include offshore oil rigs, coastal logging camps, large projects in the Alberta Oil Sands, and summer Cadet camps in the Yukon.
Directs and coordinates activities of workers engaged in providing front desk, front office, retail and recreation services by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate staff and supervisors:
Required Qualifications (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Scheduling of eight housing staff.
- Provide reports to senior Management and our client
- Ensure accurate reporting to client.
- Provide quality customer service.
- Perform room audits.
- Write and communicate policies and procedures.
- Manage retail/commissary operations and unionized staff (4-6)
- Strong work ethic, intense drive, initiative for quality and customer service
- Witten/Verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills required
- Good stress management skills required
- Understanding of budget control and awareness of profit and loss concept
- Computer skills (e.g. Microsoft word and excel)
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Listening and empathy skills
- Unionized workforce experience
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
- Experience in Camp Manager or Orissa would be an Asset (or similar hotel PMS)
- Experience with hotel front desk would be an asset