Regional Controller- FMM #29799
Company: CEDA Group of Companies
Reference #: DREI-8VDK3D
Type of Position: Permanent Full Time
Company: CEDA International Corporation
Location: Fort McMurray, AB
Based out of our Fort McMurray office and reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Regional Controller plays a key role in the organization’s finance activities and is responsible for the financial information for Fort McMurray.
Working closely with the Vice President of Operations and management team, the Regional Controller, establishes and maintains accounting practices and procedures and coordinates the analysis of operating results and various financial information to assist in making value added business decisions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Key member of the Finance Leadership Team responsible for strategy of the Fort McMurray Finance group
- Key liaison and financial advisor to the Fort McMurray operations in establishing controls, budgets and performance metrics
- Work alongside the Vice President of Operations in developing results oriented business plans, cost saving initiatives and bid submissions to ensure the future growth and profitability of the operating unit
- Prepare annual budgets and forecasts in conjunction with operating region
- Steward monthly accounting procedures to ensure financial activities are captured and reported in accordance with Company policies and GAAP
- Review and analyze monthly financial statements to ensure the timeliness and integrity of the region’s financial results
- Prepare and communicate month-end reporting package
- Develop, implement and monitor control and process improvement initiatives within the region
- Assist in completing year end audit requirements
- Assist in financial system design and implementation
- University degree in Business
- Professional accounting designation (CA, CMA or CGA)
Competencies and Attributes:
- 5 years progressive accounting related experience in a management capacity
- Previous leadership experience in a large, multi-location organization
- Advanced knowledge of accounting and control practices
- Knowledge of oil and gas, energy or industrial service industries
- Bring a strong conscience and governance mindset to the organization
- Proven leadership contributing to a culture of teamwork, transparency and employee development
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills
- Build and maintain strong relationships with business unit and shared service leaders
- Action oriented with a “best practice” mindset
- Strong financial acumen and analytical skills with the ability to add value to operations
- Ability to develop, implement and interpret company policies and procedures
- Knowledge of budget, forecast and strategic planning processes
- Able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of ERP information systems and implementation an asset
CEDA offers competitive wages and above average pension and benefit packages. We provide training and opportunities for advancement. In addition, the CEDA Group of Companies are committed to maintaining a positive and safe work environment.
CEDA is always recruiting qualified individuals who are career driven. If you are ready to 'Turn Around' your career and you meet or exceed our qualification requirements, please fill out an on-line application. Please submit copies of academic qualifications and certificates where available. Incomplete applications will not be considered and only those being considered for this role will be contacted.
Our People Make it Happen!
We thank all interested applicants, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted for further screening.