Treasury Analyst #29827
Company: Regional Municipality Of Woodbuffalo
Reference #: 002734
Position Type/ Hours: This is a permanent full-time position working thirty-five (35) hours per week.
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo
Role and Responsibilities
Under general supervision, the treasury analyst will support the administration and management of the Municipality’s investment portfolio.
You will possess the following:
- An under graduate university degree or higher specializing in Finance or related discipline plus a minimum of three (3) years of investment/financial experience preferably with a municipal government or a large multi-divisional organization.
- A professional accounting designation (CA, CGA, CMA) would be an asset.
- Enrolment with the Chartered Financial Analyst Institute or as a Certified Treasury Professional would be an advantage.
Salary/ Benefits & Compensation
- Knowledge of capital and money markets;
- Understand investment strategies, processes and procedures.
- Understand benchmarking as a comparison technique.
- Understand the various methods of investment analysis.
- Familiarity with capital and money markets.
- Familiarity with internal and external financial reports.
- Proficiency with financial management system and desktop applications.
- Knowledge of the legal and regulatory impacts and constraints regarding investments.
- People/Interpersonal Skills;
- Persuasion/marketing skills: ability to make a case for a course of action while working with investment managers, traders, economists, analysts and other market participants.
- Interpersonal skills: ability to work and develop a rapport with investment managers/analysts.
- Political savvy: understand and respond appropriately to the individuals and groups with a stake in an assignment or project.
- Interviewing skills: ability to ask questions which elicit useful data or assumptions.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
Pay Level: PL 19*
*Rates adjusted to reflect market conditions
- $46.32 (Probationary Rate)
- $50.84 – $54.55 (Permanent Rates)
In addition to the rate of pay, we offer other attractive incentives:
- excellent training and development opportunities
- an extensive employer paid benefits plan
- home equity protection program
- an additional annual payment of $12,480 which represents a cost of living allowance
Closing Date: July 21, 2012 at 12:00 AM Posting Type: Internal & External (POSTED: July 6, 2012 CUPE CLOSING DATE July 13, 2012)
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. Late applications will not be accepted.