Landfill Operator - Solid Waste #29830
Company: Regional Municipality Of Woodbuffalo
Reference #: 002732
Position Type/ Hours: This is a permanent position working forty-two (42) hours per week.
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo
Role and Responsibilities
With some independent action, operate and maintain assigned equipment in landfill operations primarily bulldozers, compactors and excavators, along with rock trucks, rubber tired and track loaders, skid steer loaders, roll-off trucks, water trucks, compost turners and screeners and other heavy equipment used in year round maintenance of solid waste facilities under municipal jurisdiction.
Under general supervision shall perform, monitor, and coordinate assigned work task and direct operations in such a manner as to ensure compliance with Federal, Provincial, and Municipal acts, regulations, and policies pertaining to solid waste and hazardous waste management.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Equipment operation training is required.
- Supplementary training in landfill or compost operations are considered assets.
- WHMIS/TDG/OFA training is considered an asset.
- Two (2) years combined experience in the operation of bulldozers, compactors and excavators is required.
- Experience with landfill operations equipment such as rock trucks, rubber tired and track loaders, skid steers loaders, roll-off trucks, water trucks, and compost turners and screeners is considered an asset.
- A valid Class three (3) Alberta driver’s license is required (clear driving record preferred).
- Must be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Considerable knowledge of safety precautions, methods and techniques employed in operation of heavy equipment.
- Required to be proficient with infrastructure engineering drawings, contracts and plans relating to refuse collection, processing and/or disposal operations.
- Demonstrable knowledge of occupational hazards, waste symbols, signage, and safety precautions applicable to the work.
- Immunization is strongly recommended as the incumbent may be exposed to unsanitary conditions.
- Must be medically and physically able to perform manual labour in all weather conditions.
Salary/ Benefits & Compensation
Pay Level: PL 12
- $34.26 (Probationary Rate)
- $37.46 – $40.14 (Permanent Rates)
In addition to the rate of pay, we offer other attractive incentives:
- excellent training and development opportunities
- an extensive employer paid benefits plan
- home equity protection program
- an additional annual payment of $12,480 which represents a cost of living allowance
Closing Date: July 21, 2012 at 12:00 AM Posting Type: Internal and External (POSTED: July 6, 2012 CUPE CLOSING DATE: July 13, 2012)
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. Late applications will not be accepted.