Oil Sands FINNtech Program Lead #29834
Company: Finning (Canada)
Req Number 12-0806
# of Posted Positions 1
Employment Status Permanent Full Time
City Fort McMurray – Facility D04 (Town Shop)
This position is responsible for supporting all apprentices in the Oil Sands region, promoting and supporting the FINNtech program in the region and liaising with apprentices, Keyano College and with the region’s Branches on the successful delivery and an apprentice’s completion of the FINNtech program.
Duties to include:
- This individual will have two to three years of related supervisory experience and post-secondary education in a related field.
- This self-starter will be proficient in all aspects of MS Office, Human Resources Information systems and learning management and will have concise clear written and verbal communication skills.
- The successful candidate will have strong time management, prioritization, problem solving, organizational, and customer service skills.
- Sound knowledge of Alberta Apprenticeship Act and Regulations, Provincial legislation and Alberta Government programs and policies and procedures as it relates to apprenticeship along with a thorough understanding of Finning’s policies, post-secondary institutions, collective agreement and apprenticeship requirements/agreements is essential.
- This individual will have an understanding of training and adult education/learning principles, best practices and methodologies.
- Familiarity with the industries that Finning operates in and its products and services offered, including business training requirements, product and technical training disciplines, is a pre-requisite for a successful candidacy.
- Liaise with apprentices and the region’s Branches on HET apprenticeship, FINNtech and other Finning HET apprenticeship program requirements and processes, scheduling, placement, work experience and training provided, and performance
- Consult and mentor HET apprentices on fulfilling provincial apprenticeship and internal apprenticeship program requirements, career development, and work expectations and experience
- Liaise with Keyano College and the region’s Branches on FINNtech program delivery, deliverables and management
- Lead all administrative processes and deliverables of the FINNtech program and other HET apprenticeship programs includes; tracking registrations and training completed, providing enrollment and placement confirmations, coordinating external training and training
- Provide program updates, program results reports and statistics on program deliverables
- Salary will be commensurate with education, experience, skills and knowledge
- A recent drivers abstract is required
- Travel required to the various Branches and work sites within the region