Process Engineer – Christina Lake #29877
Job ID: 6527
Position Type: Full-Time
Business Unit/Group: Christina Lake
Job Post End Date: 7/23/2012
Cenovus Energy is a Canadian oil company. We are committed to applying fresh, progressive thinking to safely and responsibly unlock energy resources the world needs . Our operations include oil sands projects in northern Alberta, which use specialized methods to drill and pump the oil to the surface, and established natural gas and oil production in Alberta and Saskatchewan. We also have 50 percent ownership in two U.S. refineries.
About this opportunity:
Cenovus has an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated Process Engineer to work with our Calgary Process Engineering Team dedicated to the Christina Lake Facility. In this key role, you will work closely with Cenovus' Capital Execution team, engineering consulting companies and plant operations sponsors to ensure that expansions to the Christina Lake commercial facility result in a safe, compliant plant, which meets the design basis requirements.
The successful candidate must possess a solid background in process fundamentals, such as heat and material balance development, hydraulic calculations, vessel sizing, pump calculations, relief loading calculations, control valve sizing, Process Flow Diagram (PFD) development, and Piping & Instrumentation Diagram (P&ID) development. The working knowledge of SAGD operations would be considered an asset.
The successful candidate must be ethical and possess strong leadership, technical, communication (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Review and assist in maintaining Design Basis Memorandum (DBM) and Process Design Basis (PDB)
- Review Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs) and approve plant configuration
- Ensure Emission Model is updated and provide support to the Regulatory group
- Attend Piping and Instrumentation Diagram (P&ID) reviews. Ensure design basis is properly captured in P&ID drawings
- Review process deliverables to ensure they meet the requirements of the project and Project Execution Plan (PEP); identify any discrepancies/issues with the Capital Execution Team
- Participate in Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) Reviews and ensure close out of action items
- Review Shutdown Keys (SDK) and control narratives to ensure safety and operational flexibility
- Attend Model and Tie-in Reviews and provide process support as required
- Review Operating Philosophies to ensure they meet the project objectives
- Provide Commissioning and start-up support as required
- Be accountable for your quarterly objectives
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Chemical engineer with 5 - 10 years experience, preferred previous experience with EPC companies
- Member of APEGA
- Working knowledge of ASME B31.3, CSA Z662, ASME VIII Div 1, API 520 / 521, ERCB directives / regulations
- Competent with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Possess a solid background in process fundamentals
- Possess strong leadership, technical, troubleshooting, communication (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Capable of working in a fast paced environment and with different teams
- Able to travel to the Christina Lake site as required
Business Unit/Group Description
- Knowledge of SAGD pad, pipeline and central processing facilities considered an asset
Christina Lake is one of our SAGD projects located about 120 kilometres south of Fort McMurray, in northeast Alberta. The project began in 2000. Learn more about Christina Lake.
Immediately following successful submission of your online application, you will receive an online message confirming Cenovus's receipt of your resume. Due to the anticipated volume of applications we are unable to respond to telephone inquiries about the status of your application.