Bed Management and Patient Flow Clinical Educator #29886
Company: Alberta Health Services
Posting # :2012-15248(Reposted)
Type: Permanent Full Time
Union: Management/Out of Scope
Terms of Employment FTE: 1
Date Posted: 2012-07-09
Closed Date: 2012-07-18 Time: 23:59
Position Starts: As soon as suitable candidate is selected.
Hours of Work: 7.75 hour shifts, 10 shifts in a 2 week shift cycle
Salary/Benefits: Career Stream: P3
Salary Range: $62,000 - $92,500
- The Bed Management and Patient Flow clinical Educator is responsible for providing and facilitating education based adult education principles of bed management and patient flow, for staff within the North Zone to ensure that clinical competencies and organizational standards are maintained. The position provides ongoing support to healthcare professionals, physicians, and support staff within its specialty function and scope.
- Bed Management Educator facilitate, coordinates and supports the implementation of educational in-services and continuing education programming and implements policy, procedure, protocol and technology changes to promote staff competency in the utilization of bed management, tools and processes.
- Bed Management Educator objectively monitors, evaluates and documents the learning process and learning outcomes. Will participate on bed management and Medworxx committee as requested to help plan, develop and implement new clinical policies, procedures, practices and initiatives, and to provide input to broader (regional and site specific) educational requirements.
- Bachelors degree in a health related area or recognized designations related to health informatics
- Minimum 5 years healthcare experience in an organization of significant size, complexity and diversity is preferred.
- A demonstrated clear pattern of professional and personal development.
- Equivalencies of education and experience may be considered.
- In addition, the incumbent will possess a record of accomplishment in the following areas:
- Proven abilities in complex problem solving, concerns resolution, investigation and negotiation
- Experience in initiating and fostering positive relationships and partnerships
- Demonstrated excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- Experience and expertise in facilitating presentations to convey information or transfer knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate change.
- Experience with teaching adult learners
- Knowledge of current bed management tools and Medworxx programs
- Knowledge and skill in computer and software programs.
- Demonstrates an understanding of analytical and evaluation techniques
- Vehicle Required - Required to provide a vehicle for business use; along with acceptable driver's abstract and proof of business insurance
- Driver's License Required