Physiotherapy Assistant #29887
Company: Northern Lights Regional Health Center
Classification Title: Therapy Assistant
Type: Part Time
City/Town: Fort McMurray
Location: Northern Lights Regional Health Centre
Unit/Dept: Adult Day Support Program
Union: Health Sciences Association of Alberta (HSAA)
Date Posted: 2012-07-09
Closed Date: 2012-07-16 Time: 23:59
Position Starts: 2012-07-30
Hours per Shift: 7.75 hours
Shifts per Cycle: 5 shifts
Length of Shift Cycle: 2 week
Shift Pattern: Days - Schedule will be flexible
Salary/Benefits: $22.42 - $28.09
- In addition to a competitive rate of pay, Alberta Health Services currently has a Fort McMurray Allowance in place to an annual maximum of $12,480.
- This allowance is non-pensionable and is payable on an hourly basis for all hours paid at the basic rate of pay.
Reporting to the manager and under the clinical direction and supervision of a therapist, the Technical Attendant (TA) will contribute to effective and efficient rehabilitation services across the health continuum.
The TA fulfills four key roles:
- Service Provider: Supports the patient/client and assists the therapist with direct and indirect client care and non-client services provision, including functional and goal oriented services to clients, families, groups, and communities.
- Collaborator: Works effectively with internal and external partners to optimize services.
- Life Long Learner: Enhances competency and service through reflective practice and continuous learning.
- Paraprofessional: Applies professionalism and ethics to the provision of person-centered care and participation in care teams.
Procedure for applying:
- Diploma from an approved post-secondary therapist Assistant or applicable equivalent training (e.g. Kinesiology degree)
- Medical Terminology
- Preferred – Relevant experience in a rehabilitation setting or applicable health care or school setting is an asset.
- Require valid driver’s license
- Require current CPR certification
Apply online at http://www.healthjobs.ab.ca/ or via Fax: (780) 788-1362
All applications must include the competition number and a current resume to be received by Human Resources no later than midnight of the closing date. We thank all candidates for their applications however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.