RCMP - Fleet Technician #30107
Company: Regional Municipality Of Woodbuffalo
Reference #: 002168
Position Type/ Hours: These are temporary positions working forty (40) hours per week for approximately six (6) months.
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo
With some independent action, provide direct customer support to the vehicles within the Fort McMurray RCMP Detachment. This includes delivering vehicles to and from services repair shops, liaising with public servant on administrative requirements regarding scheduled repairs, performing minor repair on vehicles and radios.
Salary/ Benefits & Compensation
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Post secondary courses in automotive repair an asset.
- A minimum of two (2) years related experience.
- RCMP system experience is considered an asset.
- Excellent customer service skills to deal effectively with customers and the ability to maintain a focus on providing customer-computing services is required.
- Skill in the use and care of tools and equipment used in the work.
- Skill in the operation of automobiles and other equipment.
- Creative thinking, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions and to prepare and maintain non-complex files and records related to the work.
- Must have a Valid Alberta Class Five (5) Drivers’ License and willing to travel to rural areas.
- Must be physically and medically able to perform all duties of the job.
- Ability to acquire an RCMP Enhance Reliability Clearance is essential.
Pay Level: PL 13
Salary Range: $35.41 (Temporary Rate)
In addition to the rate of pay, we offer other attractive incentives:
- an additional biweekly payment of $480 which represents a cost of living allowance
Closing Date: July 21, 2012 at 12:00 AM Posting Type: Internal and External
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. Late applications will not be accepted.