Contracts Technician #30156
Company: Roevin Technical People Ltd.
Category: Administrative & Clerical
Our client is a rapidly growing and well-capitalized energy company headquartered in Calgary focused on oil sands development in the Athabasca region of Alberta, Canada. The company owns a 100% working interest in 800 square miles of oil sands leases which are estimated to contain in excess of six billion barrels of oil in place and approximately three billion barrels of recoverable resource.
With growth comes opportunity and there is a current need for a Contracts Technician to fill a full time contract role based at project site in Northern Alberta. Camp and flights are provided for this 9/5 rotational position.
Contribute to our client’s success by providing your experience and knowledge in administration for the Projects Construction Management team. The Contracts Technician is responsible to assist the SCM field team in the administration of contracts, while ensuring compliance with company corporate Supply Chain Management (SCM) policies.
- Provide and demonstrate personal Safety leadership in accordance with company’s Environment Health and Safety Program.
- Provide leadership in establishing a strong Safety culture within the organization, vendors, service providers, and the contractors we engage with.
- Provide Administrative support to the Site SCM team, following SCM Corporate policies and procedures;
- Execute assigned work under the supervision and guidance of a Contracts Administrator, or other more senior level SCM personnel;
- Receive, record and file contract documents and other correspondence;
- Work with site Document Control to ensure proper documentation procedures are followed;
- Maintain and update contracts database and various other databases used in the department;
- Assist the SCM and Projects Field Team with monitoring of deliverables;
- Record and maintain meeting minutes as required;
- Review and validate LEMS;
- Perform selective audits of invoicing to ensure contractual terms are met.
- Post-secondary education preferably in Business Administration or equivalent degree or courses in PMAC
- A minimum of 3+ years’ experience in an administrative role or customer service role
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft programs (Excel is a must)
- Can prepare comprehensive reports
- Understands the principals of customer service
- Excellent mathematical skills
Qualified interested candidates please submit resume along with hourly rate expectation via email, indicating DF05-CT in the subject line, to:
Danielle Forrestall - firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants however, due to volume, only those moving forward in the recruitment process will be contacted for this position at this time. Your resume will be added to our database for consideration of future opportunities.