CSA Superintendent #30168
Company: Fluor Canada Ltd
Degree Required No
City (or Nearest City) Fort McMurray
Location Type Project
Requisition Number 47236BR
Role and Responsibilities
Basic Job Requirements
- Responsible for monitoring the safety, qualify, cost and schedule for contractors performing C/S/A works for Krupp at MLMR Project.
- Oversee subcontractor piling and foundation installations
- Oversee installation of structural steel
- Ensures contractor personnel are trained and knowledgeable of drawings, specifications and work procedures; that material is being utilized to ensure optimum efficiency; and that the work being performed is in conformance with specified quality requirements.
- Monitor day to day Contractor’s field activities as to its conformance to design documents, specifications, standards, and codes utilizing your experience on similar work scope.
- Evaluate workforce against progress achievement. Daily progress will be captured on Fluor’s Daily Report and measured against the approved plan.
- Assist with resolutions to Contractor queries via RFI (request for information) thru Projects Online (POL)
- Assist Contractors with the execution of their quality program – inspection, testing, and record retention.
- Ensure Contractor’s adherence to project safety program and plays an active role in the development of the safety culture on the project.
- Review safety task analysis and work permits.
- Attend safety toolbox meetings.
- Controls scope changes or creep through established management of change policy, ensuring that all scope changes are quickly and properly documented and reported to the Area Construction Manager
- Participate in weekly progress review meetings.
- Ensure contractor maintains current as-built drawings.
- Review erection equipment and monitor lifting operations.
- Assist quantity surveyors in measurement of progress and installed quantities.
- Coordinate and assist contractors in the set up and installation of contractor’s temporary facilities.
- Assume responsibility for the following functions:
- Earthworks including excavation, dewatering, backfill and compaction.
- Piling installation including test piles.
- Foundation installation including formwork, reinforcing, embeds and anchor bolts, concrete placement and curing, and waterproofing application.
- Erection of 150 meter concrete stack and installation of area paving and roads.
- Underground piping installation including coating and wrapping, hydrotesting, manholes, catch basins, valve boxes, hydrants and stand pipes.
- Structural steel and precast concrete erection, ladders and platform installation. Building and shelter erection and finish works.
- Review and approval of C/S/A installation Inspection Test Plans and Method Statements.
- Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
- Ensures accurate, comprehensive and timely project reporting
Other Job Requirements
- Brownfield project experience
- Alberta / oil sands project experience
- Experience with the implementation of Fluor’s project execution systems and procedures
- Support and embrace the Client’s Project Objectives and Strategies
- 8 – 15 years Field Experience
- Successfully managed civil and structural activities on large scale 500 million dollar plus projects.
- Experience working in cold weather conditions in a remote location
- Intermediate computer and software skills to include the use of word processing and email as well as the intermediate use of spreadsheets and electronic presentations.
- Oral and written communication skills
- Previous Fluor experience highly desirable
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good organization skills and capability of technical writing
- Remains knowledgeable of safety policies and procedures as well as performs assigned duties in a safe manner and, while supervising others, has responsibility for their safety and ensures that they comply with established safety policies and procedures and practice safe work habits
- Develops an understanding of all aspects of the technical package and contract
- Gains familiarity with applicable codes and standards on a project