Electrical Superintendent #30170
Company: Fluor Canada Ltd
Degree Required No
City (or Nearest City) Fort McMurray, AB
Location Type Project
Requisition Number 47300BR
To be Considered Candidates: Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located and be able to interview on site.
Role and Responsibilities
Basic Job Requirements
- Coordinates and monitors the activities of assigned contractors performing work within the Electrical and Instrumentation disciplines and ensures compliance with project safety, quality, schedule, cost and security requirements
- Works closely with all the area superintendents to coordinate the construction activities.
- Play an active role in the development of the safety culture on the project making safety a natural part of all work performed
- Responsible for assisting in establishing IORVL requirements thru the contractors execution plan and undertaking feasibility studies;
- Monitors the activities of assigned contractors performing work in coordination with the contracts administration group.
- Responsible for participating in risk and value management in regards to cost and schedule control;
- Responsible for ensuring IORVL requirements for Marshalling Yard and Warehousing are adhered to.
- Responsible for assisting in the safe and timely turnover of all plant systems to the RFO group.
- Responsible for reviewing and analysing EPC schedules
- Responsible for helping to support approval payments made to suppliers and subcontractors
- Responsible for providing advice on Contractual claims.
Other Job Requirements
- 5-10 years of experience in Electrical Supervision
- Successfully managed Electrical activities on large scale 500 million dollar plus projects.
- 10+ years of progressive Electrical experience
- Cold weather experience preferable
- Canadian experience preferable
- Strong communications skills.
- Good computer skills.
- Strong working knowledge of civil construction codes, standards, principals and procedures.