Mechanical Superintendent #30175
Company: Fluor Canada Ltd
Degree Required No
City (or Nearest City) Fort McMurray, AB
Location Type Project
Requisition Number 47308BR
To be Considered Candidates: Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located and be able to interview on site.
Role and Responsibilities
Basic Job Requirements
- Monitor day to day Contractor’s field activities as to its conformance to design documents, specifications, standards, and codes.
- Evaluate workforce against progress achievement. Maintain effective schedule and cost control of mechanical and piping works.
- Assist with resolutions to Contractor queries via RFI (request for information)
- Assist Contractor’s with the execution of their quality program – inspection, testing, and record retention.
- Ensure Contractor’s adherence to project safety program and plays an active role in the development of the safety culture on the project.
- Review safety task analysis and work permits. Attend safety toolbox meetings.
- Controls scope changes or creep, ensuring that all scope changes are quickly and properly documented, and that change orders are approved prior to the performance of the work.
- Participate in weekly progress review meetings.
- Assist quantity surveyors in measurement of progress and installed quantities.
- Ensure contractor maintains current as-built drawings.
- Review erection equipment and monitor lifting operations.
- 10+ years of related experience.
- 4+ years of experience as a Mechancial Superintendent.
- Strong working knowledge of piping and mechanical equipment codes, standards, principals and procedures.