Quality Control Inspector - Camp #30184
Company: Employment Office
Ref. ID: U35819
Advertiser: Foremost Universal
Salary: No salary specified
Location: Lloydminster and Surrounding Areas
What we offer:
About Universal Industries
- Great Camp opportunity for a detail-oriented, team player to join a stable company!
- Highly attractive salary!
- Enjoy working in a dynamic and fast-paced working environment.
Foremost Universal LP has been built upon a foundation of over fifty years of innovative engineering. FULP business units continue to provide high quality solutions to the Western Canadian oil and gas sector.
Comprised of several business units throughout Alberta, Foremost Universal LP has the advantage of varying facility capabilities, and extensive skill resources. FULP is proud to offer services reaching beyond design and fabrication. Project management, field construction, troubleshooting and maintenance, equipment inspection, and on-site repairs are just some of the services offered to our clients.
As a result of continued growth and rapidly expanding business, FULP is forecasting increasing activity levels for all business units. Each unit offers unique working conditions and a variety of career opportunities.
About the Opportunity
In this exciting role as Quality Control Inspector, you will report to the Quality Control Manager, and your main responsibility will be ensuring that the field storage tanks processed by Universal Industries are completed accurately in order to meet reliability standards and comply with customer contract expectations and legal compliance.
**PLEASE NOTE: The schedule for Field work will be 14 days on/7 days off. We currently DO NOT offer a fly in/fly out option for residents outside of Lloydminster and surrounding areas. All camp accommodation and meals are included as well as a generous compensation package. Personal vehicles will be required for travel to and from the sites.
Specifically, your key responsibilities will include:
- Initiating and maintaining individual quality files for field tanks;
- Verifying fit-up and positioning of materials according to construction drawing;
- Scheduling and mapping required NDE;
- Interacting with all levels of construction personnel, drafting, project coordinators and client inspectors; and
- Verifying product compliance with international and national legislation and standards.
The ideal candidate will have 3 -5 years' previous experience in a Quality Control role either in the shop or field.
If you have outstanding communication skills and the self motivation to match, Universal Industries wants to speak with you!
Preference will be given to applicants with the following technical training or certification:
- Technical diploma in Welding Engineering, Material Engineering or Mechanical Engineering;
- Certification to API 653, API 510 or API 570;
- CWB Welding Inspector Level 1 or 2;
- Familiarity with API-650 Code;
- Current safety tickets.
- Foremost offers all employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.