Journeyman Power Lineman #30185
Company: Employment Office
Ref. ID: 33710
Division: Trades & Services
Advertiser: North Parkland Power REA
Salary: $42 to $52/hr $42-$52 per hour, pl
Location: Lac La Biche, Alberta and Surrounding Region
Member owned and operated, North Parkland Power REA serves approximately 2800 services rural consumers from Morniville through Lac Lac Biche. Their office is centrally located in the village of Thorhild. North Parkland Power employs local people who are committed to their community and REA.
About the Opportunity
North Parkland Power REA is looking for a Journeyman Power Lineman operating primarily in the northern portion of our operating area that includes the region surrounding Lac La Biche.
Reporting to the Director, Operations, the successful candidate will be responsible for construction, operation and maintenance of the Distribution System and Equipment (3-phase and single phase). This role may also be responsible for the supervision of a crew.
About the Benefits
- The ideal candidate must be physically fit and will hold a valid Journeyman Power Lineman Certificate.
- You will also hold an Alberta Class 1 Drivers License with an air endorsement and clean abstract or be able to obtain this by the end of the probationary period.
- Please note: All applicants must have the legal right to work in Canada.
In reward for your hard work and dedication, you will receive a highly competitive salary ranging from $42-$52 per hour, based on skill, education, and experience.
North Parkland Power understands that employing the right people is vital to their ongoing success, and therefore they offer a wide range of industry leading benefits including:
- Company truck plus gas card for company purposes;
- Every 2nd Friday Off;
- 3 Weeks Vacation after year 1 (increasing to 4 weeks in years 4 and 5);
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision plan, prescription plan, etc., and a jointly funded self-directed RRSP program; and
- Relocation assistance may be provided.
North Parkland Power REA offers a friendly and inclusive company culture with access to staff events such as annual company golf tournament, Christmas function(s) and a variety of annual BBQ breakfasts.