YMCA of Wood Buffalo , Fort McMurray, Ab
Has the following salary/hourly position available:
Fitness and Lifestyle Coordinator
The YMCA is a charitable, mission based organization dedicated to the development of thousands of people in spirit, mind and body. The YMCA of Wood Buffalo is seeking a dynamic individual with a passion and talent for relationship building and role modeling a healthy lifestyle. This individual will provide effective coordination and delivery of Fitness Services for the YMCA of Wood Buffalo. Reports to the YMCA Wood Buffalo Center Manager.
Wage: Based on experience and qualifications
· Coordination and supervision of Fitness Services for members based on best practice with focus on healthy lifestyle.
· Create, implement, monitor and evaluate fitness schedule in conjunction with other departments.
· Instruct fitness programs such as group fitness, individual conditioning and other programs.
· Recruit, train, coach and supervise fitness staff, child minding staff and volunteers.
· Develop partnerships with internal and external stakeholders to provide quality fitness programs.
· Develop strategies to maximize program registration to ensure program targets are met. Track attendance.
· Respond to members’ feedback.
· Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values and the YMCA programs and services and role model a personal commitment to a healthy lifestyle.
o Education/Certifications/Credentials/Professional Registration
o Standard First Aid and CPR-C, Child Welfare & Police Security Clearance and WHMIS Certification
o Automated External Defibrillators (AED) Certification an asset.
o At least 2 YMCA Group Fitness Certifications with designation in the stream of instruction.
o Pre-requisites considered an asset:
o Alberta Fitness Leadership Certification Association (AFLCA) Group Exercise Leadership Certification, Can-Fit Pro, or related group certification.
o University Degree or Diploma in Recreation, Physical Education or Personal Fitness Training (PFT) or related area.
o 2 or more years of experience in the YMCA an asset.
o 1 year or more experience as a program coordinator (preferred but not essential).
o Leading fitness programs.
o Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, problem solving and multitasking.
o Ability to lead group fitness programming and deal with difficult situations and customer complaints.
o Developed coaching and team building skills.
Applications will remain open until August 10, 2012
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org