Guest Services Representative #30348
Company: MacDonald Island Park Corporation
Guest Services Representative
ID: 2012-1160 # of Openings: 5
Job Location: CA-AB-Fort McMurray Posted Date: 7/17/2012
More information about this job:
Position Type: 5 Part-Time Positions Available
Pay Rate: $20.94/hour
Anticipated Start Date: Immediately
Posting Period: Open until filled
The Guest Services REpresentative (GSR) under direct supervison of Guest Services Supervisors who supervises the operations of the front desk at MacDonald Island Park and all related activities. The Guest Services Representative is a key front line position that must ensure that every customer interaction is carried out in a professional, couteous and efficient manner. The GSR performs customer service to the community and to the internal staff of MacDonald Island Park. The GSR is also responsible for the good flow of communication among MacDonald Island Park departments and with the public.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the Suncor Community Leisure Centre services, amenities\facilities, locations, promotional activities and comfort tools
- Proactively seek opportunities to create memorable customer interactions, assist customers and provide excellent service;
- Provide proactive customer service and maintain a friendly and professional demeanour at all times.
- Maintains a neat and professional appearance. Caring attitude and a calm and confident manner.
- Establishes a cooperative/collaborative working relationship with other departments within the MIPC
- Supports the department of Guest Services by providing assigned administrative tasks including but not limited to: data entry, filing, assisting with event coordination, and various organizational tasks and administrative projects.
- Participates as a member of the Guest Services team, taking part in identifying and improving processes for Guest Services, and shares responsibility for effective internal communications through a team approach.
- Maintains efficient and effective flow of information with guests and all internal departments.
- Process payment for program registration, membership sales, drop- ins, POS item sales equipment rental and other items.
- Sales tickets through our box office.
- Balance cash outs at the end of the shift.
- Handles additional duties as assigned by Guest Services Manager/Supervisor.
- High school diploma
- Office Administration Certificate/Diploma or equivalent experience
- CPR/First Aid certification.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- At least one (1) year of experience in customer service environment.
- One (1) year of administrative experience strongly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, with the ability to multi –task while maintaining a high level of professionalism
- Ability to demonstrate service excellence to include compassion, empathy, and support.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are necessary to interact with a diverse and multicultural community.
- Basic to intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel, ability to utilize the internet, check company e-mail, and quickly learn and use company related computer systems.
- Exceptional customer service
- Friendly, outgoing & professional
- Ability to prioritize and manage several job functions at one time. Detail oriented and strong organizational skills.
- Maintain working knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Experience in handling money;
- Flexible and committed to work weekends, nights and holidays if need be.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Experience in CLASS
- Experience in recreational facilities
- Experience handling money
- Strong sense of professionalism and diplomacy
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS &WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Due to the cyclical nature of the recreational facility; employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the facility.
- The GSR will be working at the front desk sitting extended periods of time viewing computer screen with moderate to high noise level.