Intermediate Estimator - Edmonton or Cochrane, AB #30355
Company: Clear Stream Energy Services
LOCATION: Alberta (Edmonton or Cochrane)
POSITION STATUS: Permanent, Full-time
DEPARTMENT: Business Development
Reporting to the Chief Estimator, the Intermediate Estimator will work within the established estimating framework of procedures and standards to produce quality estimates. This role is responsible for the assistance in the development of the cost estimates in alignment with our Client and Project’s requirements in terms of accuracy, quality and schedule.
Key Responsibility Areas:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine the scope of work and required
- content of the Estimate.
- Provide input regarding estimating strategies including profitability, risk management, execution
- strategy and costs.
- Complete quantity take-offs for structural, mechanical and civil deliverables from drawings.
- Assist with the development of work breakdown structures, schedules and manpower loading.
- Prepare documentation requests for subcontracts and suppliers, complete analysis of
- Assist corporate and project management teams in the development of pursuit submissions.
- Complete IFB to IFC analysis and budget update.
- Ability to review and comprehend drawings (P&ID, Ortho’s and Iso’s).
- Knowledge of construction and execution methodology.
- Strong interpretive and analytical skills.
- Candidates must possess a strong work ethic, good interpersonal skills; demonstrate good
- organization, verbal and written communications skills.
- Engineering degree / Technical diploma, or equivalent combinations of technical training and
- related experience.
- Candidates should possess a minimum of 3 years of experience in a related role.
- Must be proficient with MS Office and MS Project software.
Please submit resumes to the attention of Jillian – firstname.lastname@example.org .