Junior IT Support Technician - Sherwood Park, AB #30364
Company: Clear Stream Energy Services
Helping Customers Bring ENERGY to Our World
Junior It Support Technician
LOCATION: Sherwood Park, AB
POSITION STATUS: Temporary, Full-time
DEPARTMENT: Corporate - IT
The Junior IT Support Technician will be responsible for providing IT support to employees. This role reports to the Director, Information Technology.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Windows XP/7 support and administration.
- Hardware support for desktop PCs, laptops, multifunctioning devices, and Blackberry’s.
- Software support for desktop PCs and laptops.
- Perform imaging and shipping of PCs and laptops to other locations.
- Application support for MS Office suite.
- Basic network troubleshooting.
- Hours of work will vary between 8am to 5:00pm (a normal 8 hour day will apply, however starting
- and finishing times may need to be staggered on a rotational roster).
- Out of hours work will occasionally be required.
- Travel within the Edmonton region is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong technical acumen and knowledge of emerging IT trends and technologies.
- Ability to deal with multiple deadlines.
- Excellent analytical skills; attention to detail, problem solving and decision-making skills; verbal
- and written communication skills; interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work with others in team environment.
- Microsoft certifications.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and repair PC related problems.
- Ability to function in a team environment.
- Strong customer focus.
- Willingness to learn.
- Experience using Service Desk tools to take ownership of, and resolve, support requests.
- Related post-secondary education in IT or related field experience.
- A+ Certification.
- Minimum 6 months’ experience.
Please submit resumes to the attention of Jillian – email@example.com. Verbal applications will not be accepted.