Site Project Controls Manager #30369
Company: Snamprogetti Canada
Site Project Controls Manager
Please enter your message here
Please enter this user code [ 7632 ]:
- Assist the Project Manager to complete the project on time and within the approved budget ; design and set-up the most suitable and effective control organization on the project to meet these objectives in compliance with the contract specifications.
- Support the Project Manager's decision-making process providing all information necessary for a rapid identification of any unfavourable trend or any potential problem in time to start immediate corrective actions.
- Create a schedule/cost/Risks awareness atmosphere among all project participiants.
- Organise and mantain the best integration between scheduling and cost control and Risks Management functions ensuring that any activity is carefully planned and controlled in terms of time, Budget and scope of work.
Must be authorized to legally work in Canada
- Properly design the Projects Control system suitably scaled to the specific complexity of the Project, in particular:
- assess complexity factors of the Project (size, risk areas, contract type, Client's control requirements, project organisation and architecture etc.) through a deep analysis of the Contract, the Commercial Budget Dossier, the Execution Plan and the Risk Analysis set out in the proposal phase;
- agree with the PM and with the advice of the Project Controls Manager, the control philosophy and the best strategy: how the project will be controlled, what level of effort is required and in what areas, what the roles and responsibilities in the project team or external interfaces are involved in supporting the control activities.
- establish the resources and organisation (skills, manpower, list of tools and procedures
- applicable, communications) needed to achieve the control strategy; in case of complex project, a "Project Control Plan" document should be issued
- Ensure, during the initial phase after contract award, the implementation of the Project Control System; in particular:
- oordinate the issue of the operating Project Control Procedures for the Job as per Contract
- specifications using internal standards as reference guidelines.
- establish the overall Project Breakdown Structure and relevant Coding System to meet all control requirements (Project Architecture , WBS, CBS,PBS, OBS, financing constraints etc); ensure that cost control and scheduling systems are compatible.
- coordinate the implementation of all information and application systems required for the Job; interface systems requirements to be addressed as well (Administration, Procurement; Engineering, etc)
- coordinate the preparation of Contract Master Schedule and internal Control Budget and Cash Flow.
- coordinate the preparation of Risk and Opportunity Management Plan and its application
- specify the project control requirements to Subcontractors and main packages Suppliers to be included in the bid proposal documents in order to maintain a close control of progress, schedule and performance.
- foster and develop a team spirit, ensuring that all Project Team members well understand the control philosophy, how the project control system works, the contribution they are required to give and the infos they will be provided back by the system, their role and commitment about schedules and costs. A Project Control Workshop, sponsored and participated by the Project manager, should be organised.
- Coordinate, during the execution phase, the maintenance of the Project Control System ensuring it works effectively and Project Status is soundly assessed and reported; in particular ensure:
- schedule baselines and Control Budget are promptly revised according variation orders agreed.
We offer a highly competitive compensation/benefits package. For a career that goes beyond the expected, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com