Scheduler, Underground Services #30385
Company: Reg. Municipality of Wood Buffalo
Scheduler, Underground Services -002679
Position Type/ Hours: This is a permanent full-time position working forty (40) hours per week within the Underground Services Branch.
Position Description: Under general supervision work scheduling for Underground Services within the Environmental Services Department. Will ensure cost, quantity and quality control of resources delegated to installation and preventative / corrective maintenance in accordance with all Municipal and Provincial regulations. Will consult and advise the Supervisor (s) of Underground Services Branch when required.
• High School Diploma or GED Equivalent.
• Technical Diploma in scheduling / planning from a recognized
• A combination of two (2) years directly related education and
experience in scheduling / planning.
• Minimum requirement of Alberta Environment Certification in
Water Distribution Level II or Wastewater Collection Level II.
• Minimum of five (5) years directly related work experience with
Water Distribution and Wastewater Collection.
• Excellent proficiency and competency with computers.
• Minimum three (3) years proven proficiency in maintenance
planning and CMMS systems.
• Proven ability to read and interpret infrastructure blue prints,
contracts, engineering plans, provincial legislation,
environmental standards and specifications.
• Excellent experience with PC computers/Windows Operating
Systems and Microsoft Access. Experience using AutoCAD,
Microsoft project an asset.
• Good communication, leadership, interpersonal, planning and
problem solving skills are required.
• Good customer services skills are required.
• Proven ability to understand, interpret and apply knowledge of
occupational hazards, waste symbols, signage, and safety
• Valid Alberta Class Five (5) driver’s license is required.
• Valid First Aid Certificate is required.
Pay Level: PL 17
Salary Range: (Probationary rates) (Permanent rates)
$36.48 per hour – 90% Level I $40.00 per hour – 90% Level I
$38.50 per hour – 95% Level II $42.22 per hour – 95% Level II
$40.53 per hour – 100% Level III $44.44 per hour – 100% Level III
In addition to the rate of pay, we offer other attractive incentives:
-excellent training and development opportunities
-an extensive employer paid benefits plan
-home equity protection program
-an additional annual payment of $12,480 which represents a cost of living
Closing Date: August 4, 2012, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Posting Type: Internal and External
(POSTED: July 20, 2012 CUPE CLOSING DATE: July 27, 2012)
Phone: (780) 799-5813 or (780) 799-5833
Fax: (780) 743-5401