Project Coordinator #30508
Company: Stuart Olson Dominion
Reporting to the Project Manager, the successful candidate will assume responsibility for all aspects of project execution.
More specifically, the candidate’s responsibilities will include:
- Project administration including: pricing of change orders, tracking requests for information, review of shop drawings, and coordination of information provided and required by sub-trades and suppliers;
- Work closely with the project manager and site superintendent to minimize their need to do task work;
- Prepare and update the project schedule under the direction of the project manager;
- Update the project budget and cost reports during construction;
- Proactively, identify, address and resolve issues and problems as or before they occur;
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with client(s), consultant(s), sub-trades and suppliers;
- Provide assistance to ensure project health, safety and environmental standards meet legislated requirements and company policy;
- Support and track change order pricing;
- Coordinate shop drawing approval.
The successful candidate will be a university graduate in engineering or construction management and eligible for or have attained P. Eng., CET, or PQS designations. He/she will have a minimum of 2 years of “hands-on” experience in the capacity of project coordinator supplemented by other aspects of construction management including cost estimating. This experience should include direct project management of large commercial, high rise, civil and/or institutional construction projects $5 M and greater.
The capacity to grow beyond this position is available.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org