Job ID: EXT-NB00000603-E-01
Job Location: Ft McMurray, Alberta, Canada
Position Type: Safety Jobs
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices in the United States, Canada and abroad. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, heavy civil, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. With revenues of more than $10 billion, Kiewit's workforce includes approximately 10,300 staff and 14,400 craft workers. Kiewit Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Kiewit participates in E-Verify.
Must be able to meet deadlines and contribute to a positive, safe, high-quality culture. The construction Industry is a fast-paced environment that requires decision-making and problem solving skills. Critical components of the job are: extensive involvment in the operation of the cost control system and detailed analysis of construction costs. This position will administer and maintain all regulatory and Company safety and health programs to provide a safe working environment. This is a hands-on position with 90% of time spent in the field. The Safety Coordinator is responsible for the implementation and oversight of the project safety program including the development of site safety policies and procedures.
- Provide necessary training to employees in accordance with OSH regulations
- Provide feedback to management relative to job site compliance
- Conduct safety inspections
- Observe personnel abd operations for possible safety concerns
- Assist Area Safety Manager in accident abd injuey investigations
- communicate with project management regarding compliance and safety
- Conducting training, new hire orientation, and safety meetings