Planner, Utility Operations #30560
Company: Regional Municipality Of Woodbuffalo
Reference #: 002633
Position Type/ Hours: This is a permanent full-time position working forty (40) hours per week within the Underground Services Branch.
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo
Under general supervision, provide short/long term planning of Utility Operations, and contractors to ensure cost, quantity and quality control for all sewer and water management programs, preventative maintenance and asset management in accordance with municipal and provincial regulations. Consult and advise the Supervisor of Utility Operations when required.
You will possess the following skills:
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent.
- Technical Diploma in Planning from a recognized institution.
- Alberta Environment Certification Wastewater Collection Level III and/or combination Water Distribution Level III is a requirement; OR
- A minimum Level I in Wastewater Collection and/or combination Water
- Distribution may be considered based on ten (10) years of direct experience and a Level III must be obtained within the time necessary under the Provisional Certification Program.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience as a planner in an industrial or public service position.
- Minimum of five (5) years directly related work experience including one (1) year at a supervisory level is required.
- Proven excellent proficiency with computers, spreadsheet applications and project management systems are required.
- Minimum two (2) years experience using a Computerized Maintenance Management System.
Salary/ Benefits & Compensation
- Experience in Water Distribution or Waste Water Collection operations and maintenance will be an asset.
- Proven ability to read and interpret infrastructure blue prints, contracts, engineering plans, provincial legislation, environmental standards and specifications.
- Excellent proficiency with PC computers/Windows Operating systems.
- Experience using AutoCAD, Microsoft project are an asset.
- Excellent communication, leadership, interpersonal, planning and problems solving skills are required.
- Proven ability to formalize, prepare and present technical reports is required.
- Proven ability to understand, interpret and apply knowledge of occupational hazards, waste symbols, signage, and safety precautions.
- Valid Alberta Class Five (5) driver’s license is required.
- Valid First Aid Certificate is required.
- Must be willing to work outside in all-weather conditions and in an unsanitary environment.
- Ability to plan and organize work schedules, projects and staff.
Pay Level: PL 19
- $43.42 (Probationary Rate)
- $47.65 – $51.10 (Permanent Rates)
In addition to the rate of pay, we offer other attractive incentives:
- excellent training and development opportunities
- an extensive employer paid benefits plan
- home equity protection program
- an additional annual payment of $12,480 which represents a cost of living allowance
Closing Date: August 4, 2012 at 12:00 AM Posting Type: Internal & External
(POSTED: July 20, 2012 CUPE CLOSING DATE: July 27, 2012)
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. Late applications will not be accepted.