Supervisor, Community Strategies #30586
Company: Regional Municipality Of Woodbuffalo
Reference #: 002772
# of Positions: 1
Position Type/ Hours: This is a permanent full-time position working thirty-five (35) hours per week working within the Community Development Department.
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo
- Providing of on-going vision for development of initiatives in Community Strategies.
- Leadership and supervision of recreation, facilities and community beautification operations, programs, projects and initiatives.
- Performance feedback and evaluation for staff.
- Development and management of unit operational and capital budgets.
- Examination of alternate methods of delivering for best value.
- Sponsorship of capital projects relating to regional, recreation and culture programs.
- Leading regional sports and recreation development through collaboration and partnerships.
- Participate in short and long term business planning of the branch.
- Facilitation and coordination of developing unit organizational and regional plans.
- Participation in projects/committees that are related to corporate and community goals and objectives.
- Development of plans based on analyzing community needs.
- Consultation and liaison with public, community groups and stakeholders as required.
- Ensuring that the service standard, quality measure of community needs, demands are established implemented and monitored.
- Collaboration with internal and external resources to achieve optimum service level.
Salary Range: Competitive Salary
- Undergraduate degree in Recreation or Sports Administration or
- related field with a minimum of five (5) years direct experience in
- similar leadership position.
- Minimum of four (4) years in a supervisory capacity.
- Planning, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Leadership, supervisory, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Class Five (5) driver’s license.
- Project management expertise and experience.
- Sport development background and experience is an asset.
In addition to the rate of pay, we offer other attractive incentives: excellent training and development opportunities an extensive employer paid benefits plan home equity protection program an additional annual payment of $12,480 which represents a cost of living allowance
Closing Date: August 18, 2012 at 12:00 AM Posting Type: Internal & External
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. Late applications will not be accepted.