Accounts Receivable Administrator #30600
Company: The Casman Group of Companies
# of Positions: 2 Positions Available
Position: Accounts Receivable Administrator
Reports To: Controller
Job Family: Internal Service
Under the direction of the Controller, the Accounts Receivable Administrator provides financial and administrative billing and collection support to multiple business units within the Casman Group of Companies. Coordinating with operating management and using the Casman billing system and Microsoft Office software, this role will generate customer billings and ensure that invoices are paid on a timely basis. The accounts receivable administrator will employ effective and efficient processes to generate billings, record receipts and monitor client accounts along with handling other associated finance and administrative services.
On a daily basis the Assistant Receivable Administrator will deal with operations staff to establish job status and billable work, set-up new contracts and generate client billings. The AR Administrator will also follow up on the status of client contracts and purchase orders work with clients to ensure that payments are received and that outstanding balances are appropriately handled.
On a monthly basis the AR Administrator will review schedules, worksheets, and reconciliations as required to monitor revenues and receivables and will work with the Accountant to record any necessary adjusting entries. In addition to routine duties the AR Administrator is responsible for with the development of the Billing system and any business procedures and policies required to make the work more efficient or accurate.
Equipment used: computer
- Equipment, Duties, and Interactions
- Set up contracts in the billing system
- Generate invoices
- Tracks LEMs to ensure all costs are invoiced without duplication.
- Accurately match payments to invoices and record receipts in the accounting system
- Make corrections or adjustments to billings and accounts as required
- Perform other duties as assigned of a similar nature or level.
- Interactions: liaise with operations staff, clients, and Accountant
- Coordinate with operations management to identify job status and billable work
- Contact customers to follow up on overdue accounts.
- Work with Operations Management to ensure collection of amounts owed
- Work with Accountant to record adjusting entries
- Physical and Mental Demands, Safety Requirements and Working Conditions
- Physical demands: speaking and eye-hand coordination is required.
- Mental demands: attention, reading, writing, and computer use required.
- Indoor office environment. Minimal lifting.
- Responsible to observe all safety policies and procedures when in the workplace.
- Regular work schedule 8 to 5, Monday to Friday; overtime not often required.
- Knowledge, Competencies, Education, and Experience
- Knowledge: Familiarity with accounting cycle & accounting principles; experience with Timberline software would be an asset
- Skills and Abilities: good organizational & communication skills; ability to negotiate; professional manner
- Education and Experience: Completion of a business diploma and 3 years of Accounts Receivable experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed above.