Subcontracts Administrator #30658
Job ID: 742
Job Location: Alberta, Alberta, Canada
Position Type: Project Control Jobs
Post Date: 07/06/2012
Corporate Subcontracts Administrator
Reports To: District Business Manager
Develop, issue and monitor all subcontracts for Ganotec West projects, ensuring proper standardized methods are utilized and followed. In addition the position will be responsible for ensuring that all issued subcontracts are in compliance with all federal, provincial, municipal laws and project contract agreements. The Corporate Subcontracts Administrator will be required to work closely with the Estimating Department in the submission of bid proposals.
- Post-secondary training in procurement / subcontract administration is required, alternatively minimum high school diploma plus 3-5 years experience administering subcontracts in a construction environment will be considered.
- The Corporate Subcontracts Administrator must have a basic knowledge and understanding of contract law.
- In addition, working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications is necessary for the position.
- Previous experience working with a scheduling and accounting software is strongly recommended.
- A professional designation is a related field would be considered an asset.
- This position must be a self-starter, highly motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- The position requires someone with the ability to quickly learn and understand various processes regarding Ganotec West’s policies, procedures and software programs.
- Also, the position requires the person to identify and resolve any problems that may arise. In addition, this position must have excellent organizational, administrative, communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability in ensuring confidentiality is strictly required for this position.
- Pre-qualify subcontracts per Ganotec West policies
- Prepare and/or provide assistance to prepare bid inquires, negotiate and award contracts per Ganotec West and project polices
- Administer and/or assist with subcontractor’s change orders, back charges
- Review, justify or refute claims for extra compensation
- Act as liaison between owners, subcontractors, project management, home office management and any other necessary department
- Evaluate and analyze proposed pricing from suppliers and present recommendations based on gathered information
- Ensure “flow down” of prime contract into project subcontracts is maintained
- Maintain records documenting subcontractor’s performance to provide input to other departments for cost, schedule, performance, etc
- Develop and maintain relationships with subcontractors and suppliers
- Receive and maintain current insurance certificates and any other required information for all subcontractors currently working with Ganotec West
- Receive and approve all subcontractor’s invoices for payment, as required
- Coordinate work with other co-workers on the job
- Perform other duties as required by supervisor or manager
- Listen to directions and suggestions from supervisors or other employees regarding safe and proper work practices, evaluate that information and devise and implement a plan based on that evaluation for carrying out the duties of this position.
- Proactively identify workplace safety hazards and take all necessary corrective actions to eliminate or minimize them.
- Understand and respond appropriately to all safety hazards and warning devices (i.e. back-up alarms, smell of smoke, different coloured warning tags, warning sirens).
- Produce high-quality work that meets the requirements of company policies, procedures, industry standards, and client expectations.
- Examine/inspect field conditions and identify problems, inaccuracies, and cost saving measures that arise or that may be encountered. Take corrective actions as needed