Civil Superintendent #30666
Company: Fluor Canada Ltd
Degree Required No
City (or Nearest City) Fort McMurray, AB
Location Type Project
Requisition Number 47680BR
To be Considered Candidates: Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located and be able to interview on site.
Role and Responsibilities
- Coordinates the activities of contractors performing C/S/A works.
- Oversee subcontractor pilings installations
- Oversee installation of structural steel
- Ensures contractor personnel are trained and knowledgeable of specifications and work procedures; that material is being utilized to ensure optimum efficiency; and that the work being performed is in conformance with specified quality requirements.
- Monitor day to day Contractor’s field activities as to its conformance to design documents, specifications, standards, and codes.
- Evaluate workforce against progress achievement. Maintain effective schedule and cost control of C/S/A works.
- Assist with resolutions to Contractor queries via RFI (request for information)
- Assist Contractor’s with the execution of their quality program – inspection, testing, and record retention.
- Ensure Contractor’s adherence to project safety program and plays an active role in the development of the safety culture on the project.
- Review safety task analysis and work permits. Attend safety toolbox meetings.
- Controls scope changes or creep, ensuring that all scope changes are quickly and properly documented, and that change orders are approved prior to the performance of the work.
- Participate in weekly progress review meetings.
- Ensure contractor maintains current as-built drawings.
- Review erection equipment and monitor lifting operations.
- Assist quantity surveyors in measurement of progress and installed quantities.
- Coordinate and assist contractors in the set up and installation of contractor’s temporary facilities.
- Assume responsibility for the following functions:
- Earthworks including excavation, dewatering, backfill and compaction. Piling installation including test piles.
- Foundation installation including formwork, reinforcing, embeds and anchor bolts, concrete placement and curing, and waterproofing application.
- Erection of 150 meter concrete stack. Installation of area paving and roads.
- Underground piping installation including coating and wrapping, hydrotesting, manholes, catch basins, valve boxes, hydrants and stand pipes.
- Structural steel and precast concrete erection, ladders and platform installation. Building and shelter erection and finish works.
- Review and approval of C/S/A installation Inspection Test Plans and Method Statements.
Basic Job Requirements
- 5-10 years of experience in cast and driven pilings, steel and inplant work required.
- Successfully managed civil and structural activities on large scale 500 million dollar plus projects.
- Verifiable experience as a civil, structural and architectural superintendent.
- 10+ years of related experience
- Cold weather experience
- Canadian experience preferable
- Must be willing to work night shifts
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
Other Job Requirements
- Strong communications skills.
- Good computer skills.
- Strong working knowledge of civil construction codes, standards, principals and procedures.