Bar Manager - The Den #30714
Company: Quality Hotel and Conference Centre, Fort McMurray
Bar Manager - The Den
Company Name: Quality Hotel & Conference Centre Fort McMurray
City: Fort McMurray
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Work Permit?: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
Management Position?: Yes
Salary: CA $42,000.00-CA $45,000.00 / Year
Bonus Pay: Yes
SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada's leading hotel management companies and manages over 20 hotels and resorts across Canada. The company manages independent hotels and hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Radisson, Hilton, Quality, Best Western and Ramada.
We are looking for a Bar Manager for The Den at The Quality Hotel Fort McMurray, Alberta.
To achieve marketing, sales, profitability and quality service goals for the Hotel Bar by executing marketing strategies, providing service to the customers and employing leadership and managerial skills effectively.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the daily operation of the Hotel Bar
- Achieve budget forecasts and maintain a high standard of customer service
- Responsible for forecasting revenue and expense monthly for the department
- Contribute to overall strategic goals, initiatives and objectives of the Hotel and F&B Department
- Achieve revenue and profit goals by developing and implementing strategies to increase revenue and control costs
- Implements and maintains liquor control procedures and inventories
- Develop an on going marketing strategy that includes a 3 month rolling calendar of events
- Engages associates in experience delivery focusing on guest relations
- Ensure that associates are utilizing upselling techniques while providing customer service
- Maximize productivity through proper budgeting, scheduling and cost control, Utilization of Labour Cost Tool
- Train staff to be star performers with full implementation of associate on-boarding and Spirit Standards
- Understands that people process information differently, understands cultural differences
- Develop, Administer, and Review with associate Performance Plan and set objectives.
- Listens to all sides of an issue to achieve a successful solution/resolution
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
- Some university education preferred, specifically in the Tourism or Food and Beverage discipline
- Minimum 2 years experience in a leadership roll at a Night Club or Bar
- Displays a positive attitude, maintains enthusiasm and celebrates success
- Strong leadership, motivational and training skills
- Proven track record in revenue growth, promotions and training
- Organized, detail-oriented, takes initiative
- Able to work a variety of shifts
This individual will:
- Will be able to motivate and energize others through the use of his/her strong social skills and his/her many contacts in the business community.
- Will be a sociable and friendly worker who is concerned with appreciation and respect for himself/herself and his/her work.
- Will be an energetic and enthusiastic worker who seeks the positive attributes of all people and situations.
- Will be outgoing and sociable while a the same time being easy going
- Will be able to use his/her charm and motivational skills to promote ideas and to assist people to achieve their goals.
Notice To Potential Job Applicants
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
- does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
- does not make unsolicited offers of employment.