Quality Control Inspector Level I #30800
Company: Willbros Canada
Quality Control Inspector Level I
Location(s): Fort McMurray, AB
Willbros Construction Services (Canada) L.P. is Canada’s’ supplier of choice for maintenance, pipeline and tank construction, in addition to upstream and downstream engineering and construction services. With three fabrication facilities to support the manufacturing of modules, general fabrication of pipe, plate and structural components, Willbros is prepared to meet and exceed the requirements of any industrial clientele now and in the future. Our aim at Willbros Canada is to be the employer of choice offering a safe and comfortable work environment to produce the best quality and highest efficiency for our valued customer.
- Fully qualified inspector responsible for the performance of visual inspections, direction of NDE inspections in accordance with ASME, CSA and API codes of fabrication, and implementation of the Willbros Quality System.
- Requires limited direction in conducting quality activities and assembly of quality documentation in accordance with internal and external standards.
- Has CWB Level 1, strong technical skills and 1 - 3 years experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with the client’s contractual requirements and where required the requirements of the Regulatory Authority through the effective implementation of the Willbros Canada Quality Control System
- Assist with initiating and maintaining the quality job file to ensure that all relevant quality documents are in the job file and are completed accurately
- Verify material control, identification, and traceability as per the contract, code and quality system
- Assist with performing all in process and final inspections, preparation and issuance of associated inspection reports, nonconformance reports and corrective action requests
- Maintain electronic tracking/reporting system for all NDE and inspection activities
- Assist with coordination of scheduled inspection activities with Company personnel, client representatives and regulatory bodies
- Assist with expediting the completion of the quality turn-over documents
- Review, verify, and monitor special processes such as welding, nondestructive examination, heat treatment, pressure testing, coating, and insulation to ensure compliance
- Verify welding control compliance such as the maintaining of welder records, welding consumables verification, and visual weld inspection
- Assist with maintaining calibration records for all Company owned measuring and testing equipment at his/her assigned site
- CWB Level 1with a minimum of 1 - 3 yrs experience
- W59 & W47.1, B31.3, CSA Z662, ASME Section VIII and XI
- Sound knowledge of welding technology and processes, CWB requirements & ASME codes
- Strong communications skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office computer skills (example: Excel, Word)
Compensation & Benefits Overview
This position is a full time regular position with a competitive compensation and benefit package.
Applicants are thanked in advance for their interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Willbros is an equal opportunity employer