Heavy Duty Mechanic – (1st – 4th Yr Apprentice) #30833
Company: The Casman Group of Companies
Department: 8-1 PBN EDM: P-Ban Enterprises Ltd.
Reports To: Shop Foreman
Job Family: Technical
Under the direction of the Shop Foreman, the Heavy Duty Mechanic exists to provide assistance in all general maintenance and repair of concrete pumps, concrete finishing equipment and fleet vehicles.
- Complete major equipment repairs as per assignment from the Mechanic Foreman.
- Assist Journeymen Mechanics with the completion of work orders and inspections in a timely manner.
- Perform equipment repairs and monthly preventative maintenance per OEM specs that are assigned by the Mechanic Foreman.
- Assist the Journeymen Mechanics and Mechanic Foreman with all inspections and safety checks on equipment as needed.
- Assist the Journeymen Mechanics and Mechanic Foreman with the completion of work orders for all repairs and service work performed.
- Assist with the shipping and receiving of all equipment.
- Perform other duties assigned by the Mechanic Foreman.
- All duties to be performed in assistance to Shop Supervisor.
- Understand and implement company and project safety programs, OH&S policies, WCB reporting time frames and responsibilities.
- Maintain knowledge of current company and project/owner labour policies, procedures and programs
- Serve as a role model who leads by example, always wiling to show the apprentices how a task is to be performed
- Approve materials for further production
- Complete quality control reports when required
- Physically able to squat, stoop, bend, climb, lie on back, lift and pull, reach up and out.
- Lift 70lbs; carry 50lbs.
- Class 3 or 5 Drivers License with Air Endorsement.
- CSTS, WHMIS and TDG Certification Recommended.
- Awareness of the scope of mechanical and other construction trades; able to read drawings and interpret specifications; strong knowledge of scheduling and planning, job scopes and objectives; ability to interpret service manuals & schematics.
- Leadership, team building, and interpersonal skills; effective oral and written communication; ability to effectively run a meeting, organize and delegate work; good problem solving and conflict resolution skills; effective time management and goal setting skills.
- Willing to learn; good work ethics; adjusts to change; leads by example, honest, acts with integrity; takes responsibility; deals patiently and effectively with issues and problems to earn and keep the respect of other employees; approachable;
- Completion of a trade certification and 5 or more years of increasing supervisory experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed above. 1-2 years construction equipment repair in heavy industry or related field.