Assistant Project Manager (Casman Construction) #30834
Company: The Casman Group of Companies
Department 3-0 CCL: Casman Construction Ltd. - Overhead
Location Fort McMurray,
Reports To: Project Manager
Job Family: Managerial / Administrative
The Assistant Project Manager (APM) acts as a coordinator, operator, and steward of civil construction, vertical construction and general industrial maintenance projects. The coordinator works with the Project Manager to coordinate staff and sub-trades. The operator assists the Project Manager in the execution of the project, including preparation of reports, schedules, proposals, contracts, subcontracts and the execution of construction projects. The steward assists the Project Manager in monitoring progress against project plans, scope, schedules, and budgets to ensure completion of the project on time and within budget.
- Assists Project manager in coordinating internal personnel resources (including, but not limited to, Foreman, HSE, Quality Assurance and Accounts Payable / Accounts receivable personnel) for project.
- Assists Project Manager in securing and managing 3rdparty sub-trades, consultants and engineers required to complete the project.
- Assists Project Manager in procuring materials required to complete the project.
- At the direction of the Project Manager, works with client representatives to provide progress updates, seek clarifications and ensure timely invoicing / payment for work completed.
- Assists in project planning, scheduling, document control, progress monitoring and cost control.
- Works with Project Manager to ensure adherence to approved plans and specifications.
- Ensures adherence to Casman Group of Companies policies, processes and procedures.
- Prepares reports, schedules, budgets and miscellaneous documents at the direction of the Project Manager.
- Financial/Risk Management:
- Assists Project Manager in project planning, scheduling, monitoring of progress, budgeting and cost control.
- Visits and inspects job sites to determine project specific requirements and ensure compliance with plans and specifications.
- Assists Project Manager in Determining materials, tools, equipment, and personnel requirements.
- Keeps Project Manager informed of project status and any special concerns.
- Ensures timely and accurate processing of invoices to client, and invoices from vendors.
- Stakeholder Relations:
- Develop, nurture and maintain business relationships with client, sub-trades and internal personnel.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Familiar with civil and vertical construction, budgets and schedules
- Possesses sound knowledge of project management principles
- High attention to detail, strong interpersonal skills; well organized
- Two or more years of Business Development experience
- Degree, with 5 or more years of relevant experience. Equivalencies may be considered