Subdivision Clerk #30839
Company: Regional Municipality Of Woodbuffalo
Reference #: 002778
Position Type/ Hours: This is a permanent full-time position working thirty-five (35) hours per week.
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo
Under general supervision, assist the public with completion of applications and payment for subdivisions and land use revisions by providing advisory services. Track off-site levies and development charges and maintain a computerized records system. Draft and prepare information for reports and assist planners in the preparation of recommendations and decisions respecting land use and development.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalency.
- Two (2) year Office Administration Diploma along with a minimum of two (2) years planning experience to include analyzing and interpreting plans, working knowledge of legal descriptions related to land, drafting plans and graphics or directly related experience in a similar discipline; OR
- One (1) year Office Administration Certificate along with three (3) to five (5) years experience.
- Current hands-on experience using a variety of software applications including; spreadsheet, word processing is required.
- Power Point, MS-Project and experience with general accounting practices are definite assets.
You will possess the following:
- Proven ability to be discrete, excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- Must acquire knowledge of pertinent Municipal By-Laws, Land
- Use, development processes and procedures (within a reasonable time frame).
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, under self initiative.
Salary/ Benefits & Compensation
Pay Level: PL 11
- $33.17 (Probationary Rate)
- $36.24 - $38.75 (Permanent Rates)
In addition to the rate of pay, we offer other attractive incentives:
- excellent training and development opportunities
- an extensive employer paid benefits plan
- home equity protection program
- an additional annual payment of $12,480 which represents a cost of living
Closing Date: August 18, 2012 at 12:00 AM Posting Type: Internal and External (POSTED: August 3, 2012 CUPE Closing Date: August 10, 2012)
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. Late applications will not be accepted.