Supervisor Lines Construction #30853
Supervisor Lines Construction
Relevant Work Experience: 8
Career Level: Experienced Management
Industry: Architectural and Engineering
Job Category: Engineering
Job Type: Full Time
CIMA+ is currently seeking applications for an experienced Supervisor of Lines Construction for our client in Edmonton, Alberta. Qualified individuals, with 8 to 10 years of related experience in civil construction work. The Supervisor Lines Construction will be responsible for the supervision, coordination and administration of civil construction work on projects.
We are looking for an individual who wants to be challenged and is ready to join a dynamic team that is rapidly expanding. CIMA+ is a well-established, multidisciplinary, Canadian engineering. In 2012, CIMA+ was ranked as the 4th among the Best Employers in Canada. We offer a highly competitive compensation package with excellent benefits, merit-based bonuses as well as a flexible and friendly working environment where committed individuals can thrive.
- Preparation of project work plan.
- Ensure safe work practices, quality assurance, and quality control of contractors work in accordance with contract specification and Alberta Safety Codes.
- Hold start-up and orientation meetings with contractors and workers.
- Coordinating various work groups, and communication with other work groups regarding project scope.
- Issuing weekly reports on project status to the Project Manager.
- Preparation of written technical specifications for civil site scope of work.
- Review and recommend contractor selections, attend site visits with contractors.
- Monitor the construction nd commissioning of al projects for scope changes and report daily on changes that can impact the project cots or schedule.
- Graduated from a recognized Civil Engineering Technology program and registered as a CET.
- Minimum of 8 - 10 years of experience in construction, maintenance or commissioning of transmission lines or substations.
- Experience in the use of Auto CAD or Microstation.
- Working knowledge of CSA and AECUC codes as well as OH&S.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills required.
- Permanent, full time position
- 37.5 hours/week
- Flexible schedule
- Ability to travel for projects
- Highly competitive package, according to experience and level of responsibility
- Dynamic teamwork based on positive reinforcement and trust
Ongoing training is offered to all CIMA+ employees so that they can continue to deliver work at the highest standards of excellence, and to encourage innovation and creation.